By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you like Godhand, Bayonetta, Dragaon Ball Z, or God of War.......

Tagged games:

I love you, d21lewis.

Around the Network

I found the Asura's Wrath demo to be offensively bad.

Horrible voice acting and the worst writing I've ever heard in a game this generation, characters just shout pure nonsense. The musical score seriously gave me a headache. The graphics and art-style were ugly and uninspired. The gameplay, aside from the excessive and poorly designed QTE's, was dreadful and the shooting was a useless gameplay mechanic. The story seems completely aimless, why did the Gods randomly kill your wife and kidnap you're daughter? The demo should have at least gave an explanation as to why the Gods did what they did, although I'm assuming that there isn't a reason, it just lacks any depth, purpose or structure. I know that story isn't important for this genre but it should at least make sense for goodness sake.

I know the lead developers/producers are fans of God of War (they said so in an interview I read) but I think it's an insult to God of War that this game is being compared to it. I think it's much more comparable to Bayonetta which whilst being too over the top and sometimes cringe-worthy, was actually a fairly enjoyable experience, but Asura's Wrath as a game is comparable to the film 'Titanic 2' in terms of a bad something can be. Sorry if my opinion somehow offends anyone, I just thought Asura's Wrath was absolutely terrible, which is a shame because I was expecting a great God of War rip-off like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or at least a decent attempt like Dante's Inferno. 

The first time you've heard about this game? :O there've been lots of trailers and interviews and stuff... damn... this isn't going to sell well :(

By the way, I'm really going to get this game. I've been waiting for it for a loooong time :P I just hope there won't be a lot of DLC and a "definitive" version later like Capcom usually does because I'll be pissed, lol.

Asura would destroy the lame Kratos :) he's so freaking weak and fragile.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

JustThatGamer said:

Horrible voice acting and the worst writing I've ever heard in a game this generation, characters just shout pure nonsense. The musical score seriously gave me a headache. The graphics and art-style were ugly and uninspired. The gameplay, aside from the excessive and poorly designed QTE's, was dreadful and the shooting was a useless gameplay mechanic. The story seems completely aimless, why did the Gods randomly kill your wife and kidnap you're daughter? The demo should have at least gave an explanation as to why the Gods did what they did, although I'm assuming that there isn't a reason, it just lacks any depth, purpose or structure. I know that story isn't important for this genre but it should at least make sense for goodness sake.

I know the lead developers/producers are fans of God of War (they said so in an interview I read) but I think it's an insult to God of War that this game is being compared to it. I think it's much more comparable to Bayonetta which whilst being too over the top and sometimes cringe-worthy, was actually a fairly enjoyable experience, but Asura's Wrath as a game is comparable to the film 'Titanic 2' in terms of a bad something can be. Sorry if my opinion somehow offends anyone, I just thought Asura's Wrath was absolutely terrible, which is a shame because I was expecting a great God of War rip-off like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or at least a decent attempt like Dante's Inferno. 

Okay.  I get it.  You like God of War.  Sheesh!

*edit*

You know what?  Not sheesh!  Did you play the God of War III demo on the PSN?  Did it give you even the slightest idea of what was going on?  No.  It was a fucking demo.  It gave you a taste of how the game played.  I know because thanks to that shitty ass demo, I didn't play God of War 3 until a year after it came out.  You seem to think that God of War is Shakespeare or something.  It's not.  It's over dramatic fan fiction with a charisma free main character.  The gameplay is nothing special, either.  Games like Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, and Devil May Cry shit all over Kratos and his cut scene filled, slow paced combat.  The biggest thing God of War has going for it i its graphics.  Graphics and sex scenes.  Were it not for those two things (and the fact that it's made by Sony), nobody would have given two squirts of piss about that game. 

I thought God of War 2 and 3 were pretty good, personally.  Still, nothing I said was false.

Oh.  Here's the plot (according to Wikipedia):

Plot

Asura was once a revered general of the Gods who defeated an enemy known as the Gohma. Returning from the war, Asura was summoned to the Emperor's throne. But to his horror, Asura finds the Emperor has been murdered and he has been accused of the crime. After escaping imperial forces, Asura rushes home to protect his family only to find his beloved wife Durga dead and his daughter Mithra kidnapped. In his rage, Asura pursues his former allies who have Mithra contained in a glass capsule. As Asura charges to save his child, Asura is repulsed by the God Deus, who reveals himself to be the Emperor's murderer so he can bring about what he calls "The Great Rebirth". Weakened by Deus' attacks, Asura is dropped over the edge of the platform and falls to Earth while swearing to exact his vengeance.

Twelve millenia later, Asura is awakened from hibernation by the prayers of a young girl in the mountains. After saving the girl from a pack of ape-like creatures, Asura ventures through the world battling the forces of the Gods as he fights to save Mithra from Deus and the Seven Deities, his former allies who now rule Heaven and have been using Mithra's powers to amplify their own. Along his journey, Asura will combat Heaven's soldiers, ferocious wild life, giant battleships, and other powerful foes. It is by that time as Asura's former friend Yasha begins to see the injustice in Deus's ways and attempts to stop the Seven Deities' cause.

Thanks for introducing me to this game. Love the gameplay and ridiculous story.

I'm finding that my favorite games this gen were gameplay focused with a story in place to set the pace like Vanquish(which I thought I would hate) and especially Bayonetta. Story really doesn't matter but since it mends so well with the gameplay you actually get into it. Heck, I'm even getting into the story of Earth Defense Force 2017.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
I love you, d21lewis.

You traitorous WHORE!!!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

There's a 10 day old thread on this: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=138693&page=1#

More negative comments in there than here.

I liked the demo except for the fact that is does NOT give a good ideea for the feeling of the combat, since you practically take no damage, you can screw up big time over and over again and eventually will still beat the god you are fighting, which does nothing for the fear that you have to feel (will feel in the final game I HOPE) when fighting a god, the power you feel when you do it right and the satisfaction when you beat it.

hatmoza said:
badgenome said:
I love you, d21lewis.

You traitorous WHORE!!!

LMFAO!

I played the demo and I didn't like it. Has this game actually a gameplay? Didn't see anything of it in the demo. This demo is AWFUL. I actually like over the top destruction and stuff like that, but sorry, those fights and cutscenes felt ridiculous and pointless...But still, worst thing of all these awful QTE mechanics, still have no idea how this game plays after the demo.
My 7yr old son watched me playing and he liked it, though...;)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

d21lewis said:
JustThatGamer said:

Okay.  I get it.  You like God of War.  Sheesh!

*edit*

You know what?  Not sheesh!  Did you play the God of War III demo on the PSN?  Did it give you even the slightest idea of what was going on?  No.  It was a fucking demo.  It gave you a taste of how the game played.  I know because thanks to that shitty ass demo, I didn't play God of War 3 until a year after it came out.  You seem to think that God of War is Shakespeare or something.  It's not.  It's over dramatic fan fiction with a charisma free main character.  The gameplay is nothing special, either.  Games like Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, and Devil May Cry shit all over Kratos and his cut scene filled, slow paced combat.  The biggest thing God of War has going for it i its graphics.  Graphics and sex scenes.  Were it not for those two things (and the fact that it's made by Sony), nobody would have given two squirts of piss about that game. 

I thought God of War 2 and 3 were pretty good, personally.  Still, nothing I said was false.

Oh.  Here's the plot (according to Wikipedia):

Plot

Asura was once a revered general of the Gods who defeated an enemy known as the Gohma. Returning from the war, Asura was summoned to the Emperor's throne. But to his horror, Asura finds the Emperor has been murdered and he has been accused of the crime. After escaping imperial forces, Asura rushes home to protect his family only to find his beloved wife Durga dead and his daughter Mithra kidnapped. In his rage, Asura pursues his former allies who have Mithra contained in a glass capsule. As Asura charges to save his child, Asura is repulsed by the God Deus, who reveals himself to be the Emperor's murderer so he can bring about what he calls "The Great Rebirth". Weakened by Deus' attacks, Asura is dropped over the edge of the platform and falls to Earth while swearing to exact his vengeance.

Twelve millenia later, Asura is awakened from hibernation by the prayers of a young girl in the mountains. After saving the girl from a pack of ape-like creatures, Asura ventures through the world battling the forces of the Gods as he fights to save Mithra from Deus and the Seven Deities, his former allies who now rule Heaven and have been using Mithra's powers to amplify their own. Along his journey, Asura will combat Heaven's soldiers, ferocious wild life, giant battleships, and other powerful foes. It is by that time as Asura's former friend Yasha begins to see the injustice in Deus's ways and attempts to stop the Seven Deities' cause.

I love you even more now, d21lewis.

Fuck you, hatmoza.