By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Vgchartz ranking game--The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (results are in)

Thoughts on Skyrim.

Game of the year and beyond! 34 41.98%

I used to like it, but th... 13 16.05%

Dem bugs 26 32.10%

So where's my DLC? 7 8.64%

Total:80

i haven't finished the game in the slightest but just like oblivion i have put in a lot of hours,yes they get repetitive the dungeons and quests but welcome to the world of wrpgs and that is why it will get an 8/10 from me even on the PS3,the beautiful world,the epic music,the night sky,a fantasy world i can let myself go in,i'd give it more but the state of the game according to so many made it unplayable for them

wood chopping bugs don't bother me if you have a world like skyrim to explore,if you don't like western style fantasy games you do not want to go near games like oblivion and skyrim,but i like casting magic and mixing potions,anyone need some nice armour!

8/10

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

That reminds me, I need to play this again tomorrow.

9.4/10

Clearly an enjoyable game, it has outstanding visuals (mountains aren't rendered well close up though), the controls are easy to get used to (a lot of games have disappointed with annoying control schemes, even Uncharted: Drake's Fortune). I enjoy the background history (they made this very enticing to study). While this is vast it is let down by the system of item equipping and changing and glitches.

pezus said:
Barozi said:
9.8/10

Best game of this generation (tied with Fallout 3) with ease.
Over 100 hours of fun and zero repetitiveness.
Bug per hour ratio: 0.05
Yeah I've really noticed only about 5 bugs. Not one physics bug (flying horses or backward flying dragons etc.)
Plus there are now THREE autosaves. C'mon if something quest related is bugged you can easily load an earlier savegame and if you do you lose maybe 20 minutes of playtime or so.

Maybe you should've started a thread for the 360/PC version and one for the PS3 version...

I played the PC version and still experienced flying horses, headbanging soldiers and merchants, horse walking up steep mountains, repetitive lines of dialogue. It's not limited to the PS3 version

talking about the framerate issues of the PS3 version obviously

So many characters, I couldn't think of anymore...

Former something....

RolStoppable said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
Blacksaber said:

So many characters, I couldn't think of anymore...

Squirtle?

JK I appreciate the excellent work you put into this!

Squirtle was removed to make room for the former supposed Microsoft mascot, Blinx the Cat.

Indeed, though mostly from the fact I couldn't find anything to switch Blinx with though I still have it open so if anyone can think of anything I will use it (Not Squirtle I allready have Pichu.).

Former something....

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
Blacksaber said:

Indeed, though mostly from the fact I couldn't find anything to switch Blinx with though I still have it open so if anyone can think of anything I will use it (Not Squirtle I allready have Pichu.).

Sam Fisher, Gordon Freeman, Alex Vance, Vortigaunt, Alan Wake, Kaim (Lost Odyssey), Helghast, Nathan Drake, Cole McGrath, John Marston, GTA protagonists, default Commander Shepard, Borderlands cast, L4D cast?  Just took a brief look at my gaming wall .

And replace Pichu with Squirtle.

Very little room left so I can't get all them in I could put 2-3 of them into it, only Cole McGrath I could do somthing with since he can hold onto sides but the others can't and don't fly so only 2-3 spaces for the rest.

And I've changed the orignal now squirtle is in and pichu is blocking tails...

Former something....

Played the ps3 version

0 (yes zero) out of 10

Harsh, probably, but in my mind the game is unfinished so doesnt deserve a score. The bugs ruined the game for me beyond any hope of actual enjoyment. In my version of the skyrim world, Dragons were flightless and often invisible also while mammoths and NPCs levitated regularly. I must say I never picked bethesda to be an exceptionally creative company but the high flying heavy elephants & humans (who most of the time were only constrained by the roof of the dwelling they inhabited) & flightless Dragons was a very innovative idea, haha. Not only this but it appears the 'ye olde fantasy' skyrim world has some seriously futuristic forests, the trees would flash neon colours repeatedly while I walked around, it didnt feel like a fantasy world but more like I'd stumbled alongside an Aphex Twin or Basement Jaxx gig. I half expected a horde of 'E' popping ravers to come busting out of the 'woods'. The final immersion ruining bug was the game AI, playing a rogue style character with good sneak ability i'd regularly shoot people with arrows & they'd then say 'oh i must have just imagined it' with the arrow still poking out of them. Similarly killing someone who would fall dead beside a tavern dweller who was drinking warranted no response from said tavern dweller (EVERY time). It really was impossible to get into the world in any way shape or form because firstly it was a ridiculous world worthy only of a monty python skit & secondly it was so hard to affect anyway that I always felt one step removed.

and thats just the minor bugs, the serious ones that broke the game (eg the 1-5 frames per second lag & the save corruption bug that both came in at 25-35 hours to name a few) were much more annoying. For these reasons I consider the game unfinished & unworthy of a score. I'd much rather rate a demo as if it were a full game than give a score to this game (assuming the demo actually ran).

As for gameplay itself it was far too easy which again made it very hard to get into or take seriously in any way, even on master difficulty certain abilties are riduclously overpowered & killing dragons, though less tedious than closing Oblivion gates, is the definition of a cake walk, my horse even killed a dragon thats how weak they were!!!, there is no fun in a game that is this simple. That and the story was possibly the most bland & generic of any game this generation. The only good thing I can say about the game is that I did see some good obviously non scripted events occur around me, but again I took no part in these, they just happened near me. This game really is one of the worst gaming experiences I have ever had. It had potential but the "end product" was just an embarassing unfinished mess that realised none of what it could have been imo. While I also didnt enjoy Oblivion, Morrowwind was very decent for its time and Daggerfall had a great many merits. But its fair to say that Skyrim will be the last new Elder Scrolls game I play.

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

poor old lara,i'll keep her flame burning

Above & Beyond

seriously, after seeing some points here skyrim will end as one of the worst games ever made. not sure if i should even post my opinion here becaue the whole thread will end as a big stupid joke...

my score is 9.5 btw...if i wouldn't love elder scroll games so much i would maybe only give 9.3

and i won't come back in this thread it just hurts me so much :(  lool

Pros
- LOTS of things to do
- Best main quest in an Elder Scroll game
- Amazing atmosphere
- One of the best soundtrack of all time
- etc

Cons
- LOTS of bugs
- Balance issues
- Less content (skills, armor types, factions, spells, etc)
- Short factions
All in all, a truly epic game that could have benefited from a later release. I can't really be objective here, because I'm an Elder Scrolls fanboy, but it's been a long time since I've had so much fun with a game. Despite all it's flaws, I can't stop playing. Despite that, the game still has a LOT of untapped potential.