By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP amazingly gets even better!!

will the software/hardware attachment will get worse?¿

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
now all it needs is a touch screen, microphone and super mario and it would be my perfect handheld

So I guess you didnt liked the GB or GBA right ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Hmm a phone in a PSP? i dont think anybody would use that... people would think they looks like dumbasses talking into a psp... i know i would :p.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

It all doesn't matter becouse they cancelled GT: mobile. Sony really is stupid afteral they finally can make a game which could really could help the bad SW sales. But instead they create more bullshit where almost nobody cares about. I'm so pissed right now, only GoW and FF7 makes things a little bit better.

only GoW and FF7 makes things a little bit better.

MUCH better.

Anyway, i think PSP is near place of GC, though it`s doing even better.
And don`t forget FF:dissidia it SSBB based on FF world from Square.
also Kingdom hearts on psp should be good one.

SO there atleast 4 must play games in 2008. =)

Btw, watch Game trailers top game of DS, there not much great games on ds were released in 2007.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29236.html

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Is Sony trying to kill the PSP with useless features when people want games? I really want a PSP for Star Ocean: First Departure but hell beside that game iono what else to buy there's nothing really interesting.

And I don't say this only for the PSP, I don't like all the useless stuff on consoles today. The only thing I really used was the DVD player on the PS2. I don't use the photo, internet, news, weather channels on Wii I think they're useless.

It's becoming rediculous... >_>

lolita said:
Is Sony trying to kill the PSP with useless features when people want games? 

There are some decent games, but what I want to know is why they made a 16GB memory stick priced at $300. thats insane, I'd just buy multiple of the cheaper ones. thats almost 2x as much as the system itself costs!

Wojtas said:
That's it, just cut with the bull crap right now! Wow, the PSP is becoming a phone! Wooooohooooo.........this is just pathetic, just as people claiming OMG THE PSP IS GONNA ROCK!!!! The PSP is already a laughing point due to no good games coming out for some time, not to mention the complete lack of SW sales. Just how will all these features encourage people to buy the PSP? It's supposed to be a gaming device, not an iphone.

The fourth point made me laugh......it really did. You mean to tell me that they didn't use the chance to inform if any new games are in developement? With such an ideal event happenning? My dear God, can that mean that there are NO good games in developement as of right now? That none of the companies are doing anything?? These games may yet be announced, but they may happen to get released at the end of 2008 at the earliest. By that time only a select few HC gamers may even remember about those games. And no one knows if these games will turn out to be good.

This is not a showcase of power and brilliance from Sony, it's a showcase of failure and lack of ideas of how to attract gamers. Want proof that something is not right with the PSP in public perception? Check out PSP HW&SW numbers for others for the week ending January 5th, total HW sales for all regions and weekly SW sales, this device is a gaming failure in my book. Why ? It doesn't attract gamers.

30 million sold is extremly good. The Skype phone addition is great for people that use the service, but for me its nothing special. The GPS however is a great feature.  For people that stay in the same place all the time its of no use, but for people like myself who travel and use GPS devices on a daily basis it is a feature that I will be using. Who wouldnt want to have directions for anywhere in the world. When you go on vacation you use maps right? As for the games not selling, IMO its due to the fact people play more games at home than on the road. There is also the Homebrew stuff. I own 3 games for My PSP, all of which are played maybe an hour a week by me, and multiple hours a week by my 6 year old. He also has a DS, and a GBA SP that have been collecting dust for some time now. The DS is just a POS.  The only thing the PSP is missing, and Sony dropped the ball on is Bluetooth. If it had that, it would be the perfect portable.

I dunno but I don't agree... There are very few games on PSP that gets my attention and most of them are from S-E:

-Star Ocean 1&2
-Final Fantasy 7: Crysis Core
-Patapon
-FF:Dissidia

...That's about it... I don't like entirely tactical games (like FF tactics but like them in little doses like in Suikoden), not a fan of racing, don't like wars & guns... In other words RPGs and Adventure/Quests types are the ones that get my attention. PSP could be good but the lack of great diverse games is really making me hesitate about getting one.

Like I said they should focus less on putting gadgets and put more games on it.

lolita said:
I dunno but I don't agree... There are very few games on PSP that gets my attention and most of them are from S-E:

-Star Ocean 1&2
-Final Fantasy 7: Crysis Core
-Patapon
-FF:Dissidia

...That's about it... I don't like entirely tactical games (like FF tactics but like them in little doses like in Suikoden), not a fan of racing, don't like wars & guns... In other words RPGs and Adventure/Quests types are the ones that get my attention. PSP could be good but the lack of great diverse games is really making me hesitate about getting one.

Like I said they should focus less on putting gadgets and put more games on it.

Yes , thats you , others may have different taste from yours , so maybe , just maybe I will enjoy other games to ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!