By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
pezus said:
insomniac17 said:

That is not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying punishment for the sake of justice, for the sake of showing them that it is wrong and not acceptable in society, and for the sake of the victim of their crime. And physical punishment? Not like physical abuse. I mean physical labor. Ever hear of chain gangs? They would be working and doing something productive to benefit society rather than sitting around in a cell all day doing nothing.  Repaying their debt to society. Would it be fun work? Heck no. Would it be a punishment and act as a deterrant? Yep. Of course, I wouldn't tolerate any humiliation or insults from the guards. They can't be treated poorly in that respect. And there's no need to starve them or anything like that. But putting in a hard day's work is not unreasonable.

Well in that case I don't know what we disagreed on. 

I... uhhh, I don't know either. My main disagreement in this thread has been over teaching versus punishment in this particular case. Maybe I got carried away and dragged you into it...

Around the Network

I was expecting 3 guys 1 hammer or some such and was therefore meh about what I saw, but do think that education for them is a missed boat and punishment(severe) is the only option.

i agree with insomniac,prisons should be alot tougher no pool and ps3's,wtf is wtih that or the gym everyday it costs working decent men £40 a month in the real world,no family visits,they should be in work gangs cleaning graffiti and cleaning public spaces and housing estates,mending roads whatever it takes for free everyday

we'll see how many yobs we get going to prison then thinking they are all gangsta and that,we have a genertaion maybe two that give absolutely nothing to society and backed by crazy lefties,i really don't understand it

Above & Beyond

Wow. Just got done watching the video and i must say, That guy is lucky to make it out of there alive. What really pissed me off though was that this took place in Chicago (My birthplace) and i felt like these guys just made the whole city in general look bad. :(

I hope those cowards all rought in jail though...

Here is the video for anyone who has not seen it yet.

That is horrible, I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of those type of 'fights' not fun at all. Any who it warrants jail time and, if under age, the parents should pay for any and all damages (medical, any damages to personal property, and not to forget the humiliation)

If it was up to me, each one gets beat to death by 7 guys. But maybe that's just me.

Around the Network
markers said:
That is horrible, I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of those type of 'fights' not fun at all. Any who it warrants jail time and, if under age, the parents should pay for any and all damages (medical, any damages to personal property, and not to forget the humiliation)

If it was up to me, each one gets beat to death by 7 guys. But maybe that's just me.

So essentially you're saying fight fire with fire? That's just not working that way. Nor would it benefit the victim or society.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

If this happened to me, knowing there's no chance of anything, I'd try asking firmly why they're doing what they're doing. They'll probably say some shit, but it'll pose a distraction and I'll sprint like never before.

blkfish92 said:
If this happened to me, knowing there's no chance of anything, I'd try asking firmly why they're doing what they're doing. They'll probably say some shit, but it'll pose a distraction and I'll sprint like never before.

you'd have to get out your ocarina and play them a tune,hope they like it,they are so thick it might bamboozle them for a bit and do a disapperaing act

hopefully a feral pack doesn't get you,people are crazy in a mob,look at the london riots,absolute disgrace

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
blkfish92 said:

you'd have to get out your ocarina and play them a tune,hope they like it,they are so thick it might bamboozle them for a bit and do a disapperaing act

hopefully a feral pack doesn't get you,people are crazy in a mob,look at the london riots,absolute disgrace

I just don't understand what would fascinate a group to beat on a helpless man..

blkfish92 said:
zuvuyeay said:
blkfish92 said:

I just don't understand what would fascinate a group to beat on a helpless man..

nature of the beast,young men can be pretty brutal

obviously not everyone is like that but an awful lot are

Above & Beyond