By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - This is sickening.

Just came across this video that's getting huge, posted yesterday it's already all over the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxP0VnbHSxE&feature=player_embedded

One kid has been arrested for this, and the rest... all of their information is posted all over the internet... Phone numbers, names/last names, addresses etc. 4chan is tracking them down as well as the police. I hope all 7 of these kids enjoy prison.

Around the Network
Smashed said:

Just came across this video that's getting huge, posted yesterday it's already all over the internet.

One kid has been arrested for this, and the rest... all of their information is posted all over the internet... Phone numbers, names/last names, addresses etc. 4chan is tracking them down as well as the police. I hope all 7 of these kids enjoy prison.

What these kids needs is guidance, not punishment as you implied.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Smashed said:

Actually, they need both things. 

They need to be punished for this heinous act (as there is no way to describe it) and then have a lot of guidance, not only from specialized therapists and psychologists, but from their family as well. They need to take responsability for their actions, a word which, sadly, kids this generation have seem to forgot all about (and most parents have forgotten to teach it to their kids).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Smashed said:

What they need is to be punished for their crimes. I am sure they knew full well that doing that to a person is not allowed or tolerated in society, and they should be punished harshly. What better way to say "DON'T DO THIS!" than to make the punishment a deterrant not just to those who committed the crime, but to anyone who's ever even considered it? There is no reason to ever, ever do anything like this, and it's common sense that this stuff isn't allowed. To not punish these kids is a terrible idea and sets a dangerous precedent for anyone else who does this kind of thing. They made the decision to do this, and knowing full well that if they were caught, they would be in a world of trouble. Now, I hope the police catches all of them, and they do go to prison for a very long time. I bet they won't make that mistake again whenever they get out.

lestatdark said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Smashed said:

They need to be punished for this heinous act (as there is no way to describe it) and then have a lot of guidance, not only from specialized therapists and psychologists, but from their family as well. They need to take responsability for their actions, a word which, sadly, kids this generation have seem to forgot all about (and most parents have forgotten to teach it to their kids).

Taking responsibility does not necessarily mean getting punished.

Around the Network

Guidance? Too late for that imo.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoralEventHorizon

insomniac17 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Smashed said:

What they need is to be punished for their crimes. I am sure they knew full well that doing that to a person is not allowed or tolerated in society, and they should be punished harshly. What better way to say "DON'T DO THIS!" than to make the punishment a deterrant not just to those who committed the crime, but to anyone who's ever even considered it? There is no reason to ever, ever do anything like this, and it's common sense that this stuff isn't allowed. To not punish these kids is a terrible idea and sets a dangerous precedent for anyone else who does this kind of thing. They made the decision to do this, and knowing full well that if they were caught, they would be in a world of trouble. Now, I hope the police catches all of them, and they do go to prison for a very long time. I bet they won't make that mistake again whenever they get out.

^This... is the difference between USA and the (near) fully democratic countries, such as the Nordic countries.

I hope someone has a cellphone with him and upload the video when they go crying into jail...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
lestatdark said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Smashed said:

Taking responsibility does not necessarily mean getting punished.

Punishment is part of a learning process. A couple of weeks of community service would teach them the value of helping and show them a different side of what they probably know of life. 

Guidance comes in all forms and responsability is teached in all forms too. They need to learn that the weight of such actions could lead them into an extreme amount of trouble in the future (possibly a long jail time, if they do the same thing in their adulthood).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I can kinda get why people film themselves doing stupid shit, given that jackass made a good deal of money in its day, but they know what they're doing is not only wrong but horribly illegal, and then lack the discipline to not put that video out to the internet (or at least the public internet)

Just as dumb as those marines that urinated on the dead Taliban fighters and then published it...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.