By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

This ending <3

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network

Space Pirate Captain Harlock 3D movie has been pushed back from this year, to January 2014.

Its a Hollywood remake of the Anime.

Just started watching Watamote

More Fall Anime Impression
Kill la Kill: Definitely watch. The hype for this show was correct. Excelllent animation and action. You get a strong sense of shounen in this show. The good kind. The plot leaves a bit more to be desired, but that isn't really a detractor
Golden Time: Should watch. An unique rom com taking place in college. The first episode ending also has some goo foreshadowing. The characters are interesting too aside for the main character.
Infinite Stratos 2: Maybe watch. It's really a lot of the same as the previous season so far. Ichika is still dense and the girls are still falling over him. There may be so action in upcoming episodes but it isn't very exciting.
Nagi no Asukara: Should watch. The interesting social issues between the two "races" make it a good show to watch. The overall plot seems to be a romeo & juliet story though.
Kyousougiga TV: Unsure, this show is very random and doesn't really make too much sense. It also uses a lot of puns.

Summer OP Playlist

Fall OP Playlist

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Kill la kill= WTF did i just watch :D

Its like a crazy japanese anime mix in with some western cartoon

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
AstroGamer said:

More Fall Anime Impression
Kill la Kill: Definitely watch. The hype for this show was correct. Excelllent animation and action. You get a strong sense of shounen in this show. The good kind. The plot leaves a bit more to be desired, but that isn't really a detractor
Golden Time: Should watch. An unique rom com taking place in college. The first episode ending also has some goo foreshadowing. The characters are interesting too aside for the main character.
Infinite Stratos 2: Maybe watch. It's really a lot of the same as the previous season so far. Ichika is still dense and the girls are still falling over him. There may be so action in upcoming episodes but it isn't very exciting.
Nagi no Asukara: Should watch. The interesting social issues between the two "races" make it a good show to watch. The overall plot seems to be a romeo & juliet story though.
Kyousougiga TV: Unsure, this show is very random and doesn't really make too much sense. It also uses a lot of puns.

Summer OP Playlist

Fall OP Playlist

So can we expect to see Kill La Kill on Adult Swim?

Kaizar said:

So can we expect to see Kill La Kill on Adult Swim?

I'm not sure yet, but considering the universal praise its getting, we could possibly expect to see it dubbed on Toonami. The only detractor is that levels of almost nudity in the show which might make it difficult to be shown on tv and of course licensing issues are bound to happen. If Funimation gets its rights in the west, I think that would make it the smoothest transition since most toonami shows that aren't originally made by Viz  are dubbed from Funimation

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

SnakeDrake said:
Kill la kill= WTF did i just watch :D

Its like a crazy japanese anime mix in with some western cartoon

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

BasilZero said:

Is that from the anime?

Hmm, color me interested :P

I think I'll check this anime out before anything else.

yea you better be interested "directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi and written by Kazuki Nakashima, both of whom had previously worked together on Gurren Lagann" enough said

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

So I finished Attack on Titan and it finished pretty badly. Going from such fantastic to kind a meh last couple of episodes.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.