By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

fatslob-:O said:
pokoko said:
Shiki was a really good horror-type anime.

I'm interested in the new Yozakura Quartet, I love the manga. Coppelion is an interesting manga, hope they can get the emotion right. Non Non Biyuri sounds like it might be entertaining. I'll give Golden Time a chance simply because the main characters aren't in bloody High School.

A lot of the rest sounds generic but you never know. By far my favorite anime from this past season was Love Lab, hope there is something as clever in the fall.

I don't think shiki was horror but I'd more label it as tragedy seeing as it lacks too many horror elements.

I know you're banned, but Shiki is far more of a horror than Another is (I consider both to be very much Japanese horror anime)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Strike the Blood: Should Watch. This is about a special vampire in a specialized district of Japan exclusive for monsters, wizards and such powerful beings. Seems to have good action

Yusibu: Maybe Watch: It's the devil and hero show this season. Dense main character hero and ditzy innocent demon lord. There are many boobs here and they are bouncy

Outbreak Company: Should Watch. It's about a blatant otaku who becomes a cultural ambassador to a magical world. The characters seem fun like Hentai Ouji to Warawanai neko

Log Horizon: Definitely Watch. Its like a much better written Sword Art Online with a bunch of menus

Freezing Vibration: Should not Watch. Like the original, the plot isn't very good. The series drags and tries to be morally questionable in some ways but I falls flat. Didn't have much in the first episode but it will have plenty of fanservice. The art isn't really good IMO. You're better off watching IS 2

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!: Should not Watch. Its about an idol who becomes a wrestler. Instead of plot, its "plot"

just to let you know, I'm not doing first impressions of several season 2 shows as I haven't seen the earlier seasons of those shows. These shows include Phi Brain, Kuroko no Basuke, Magi, Hajime no Ippo, Little Busters and  White Album

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

AstroGamer said:

Log Horizon: Definitely Watch. Its like a much better written Sword Art Online with a bunch of menus

Freezing Vibration: Should not Watch. Like the original, the plot isn't very good. The series drags and tries to be morally questionable in some ways but I falls flat. Didn't have much in the first episode but it will have plenty of fanservice. The art isn't really good IMO. You're better off watching IS 2

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!: Should not Watch. Its about an idol who becomes a wrestler. Instead of plot, its "plot"

just to let you know, I'm not doing first impressions of several season 2 shows as I haven't seen the earlier seasons of those shows. These shows include Phi Brain, Kuroko no Basuke, Magi, Hajime no Ippo, Little Busters and  White Album

So I watched this, and I completely disagree. It's like SAO, but much more boring and poorly paced. I do think the main character has an opportunity to keep me watching the show, but it's definitely worse than every "real life caught in a game" anime I've ever watched.

outlawauron said:

So I watched this, and I completely disagree. It's like SAO, but much more boring and poorly paced. I do think the main character has an opportunity to keep me watching the show, but it's definitely worse than every "real life caught in a game" anime I've ever watched.

Did you like SAO?

Because I thought after the first 10 episodes, it basically goes on a downward spiral aside from action scenes. It felt really terrible to me

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

AstroGamer said:
outlawauron said:

Did you like SAO?

Because I thought after the first 10 episodes, it basically goes on a downward spiral aside from action scenes. It felt really terrible to me

I did like it. Will still be watching to see if it gets better.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
pokoko said:
Shiki was a really good horror-type anime.

I'm interested in the new Yozakura Quartet, I love the manga. Coppelion is an interesting manga, hope they can get the emotion right. Non Non Biyuri sounds like it might be entertaining. I'll give Golden Time a chance simply because the main characters aren't in bloody High School.

A lot of the rest sounds generic but you never know. By far my favorite anime from this past season was Love Lab, hope there is something as clever in the fall.

I don't think shiki was horror but I'd more label it as tragedy seeing as it lacks too many horror elements.

I know you're banned, but Shiki is far more of a horror than Another is (I consider both to be very much Japanese horror anime)

Shiki ain't no horror LOL it looks like a tragedy so tell me what defines horror ? Is it the the blood and gore ? If you think it's just blood and gore then I guess almost every violent anime out there is horror LMAO. 

outlawauron said:

Shiki ain't no horror LOL it looks like a tragedy so tell me what defines horror ? Is it the the blood and gore ? If you think it's just blood and gore then I guess almost every violent anime out there is horror LMAO. 

I can find another dozen or so examples of the show being classified as horror if you want. 

outlawauron said:
outlawauron said:

I can find another dozen or so examples of the show being classified as horror if you want. 

I'm willing to bet alot of people don't what the idea of horror exactly means. So what exactly is scary about shiki ? Is it the atmosphere ? Is it the plot ? Is it the characters ? Is it the supernatural aspect of vampires or something ? I want to know what exactly is scary about shiki since I think it's being misclassified as a horror anime. Shiki didn't live up to being the expected horror anime since it dropped the aspect pretty soon once it stopped having any uncanny plot events and when Ozaki figured out the whole situation.

SAO wasn't that great but i enjoyed it a lot... it was simply fun.. I personally preffer Accel World (kinda fun it's from the same author :D)

Till now I have watched:

-hajime no ippo: For those, us, that watched the firts two season and read the manga, this a must... but kinda dissapointed that the prelude of the figth against imabokuro was shortened A LOT!

-Strike the blood, something with vampires and a artifcial island where them and youkais lives.. seems interesting, i¡ll keep watching two chapters more...

-Kill la Kill, Must watch for me.. just that.. epic and perverted first chaper..

-Kyousougiga.. seems as crazy as Kill la kill and well animated too.. i'll keep watching this..

-Golden Time, a simple romantic comedy.. seems fun but will stale it for later...

-Yuushibu.. seems good sometimes, sometimes not so good, is kinda Hataraku maou, but this time is a failed yuusha training DaiMaou's Daughter in a departamental store.. will watch it later... lots of ecchi without reason :)

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

outlawauron said:
outlawauron said:

I'm willing to bet alot of people don't what the idea of horror exactly means. So what exactly is scary about shiki ? Is it the atmosphere ? Is it the plot ? Is it the characters ? Is it the supernatural aspect of vampires or something ? I want to know what exactly is scary about shiki since I think it's being misclassified as a horror anime. Shiki didn't live up to being the expected horror anime since it dropped the aspect pretty soon once it stopped having any uncanny plot events and when Ozaki figured out the whole situation.

These are the defining elements of a Japanese horror story. Something bad or terrible placed into normal life is what you commonly see. They don't rely on the "Boo!" horror that most Western horror relies on.