By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Post-NPD adjustments

Is all those $100 gift cards that were being offered with Xbox 360s not proof of "channel stuffing"?

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Is all those $100 gift cards that were being offered with Xbox 360s not proof of "channel stuffing"?

No? X360 didn't have a price cut and sells the best there, a lot more scope for gift cards. Unlike a console which has just had its prices slashed. (or gives very little return in the first place, Wii)

It appears a lot of games got adjusted upwards, especially MW3.

brendude13 said:
Mummelmann said:
I'm confused. Who is the king of channel stuffing now? MS or Sony? I hope its still Sony, at least they will have come out on top of something this gen...

Must...resist...very poor...mum joke.

Aren't all mom jokes kind of poor?

vgchartz numbers are off by as much as nextgenwarz these days. lol. is that site even still around?

Around the Network

apparently skyward sword was undertracked by nearly 400K

CGI-Quality said:
sergiodaly said:
kowenicki said:

click on the link.... and see whre it is obvious to even the most stupid I am taking the piss...  the massive clue being a small yellow face winking.

so no... not busted.

this forum is shit sometimes.

uoohhhh... take a chill pill dude.

it was suposed to be funny and all... maybe a yellow face at the end would help you understand. didn't think you need that... my mistake. next time i'll deliver...

don't take things so personaly... just a friendly advice...

It's crazy, but this is one of several reasons why I post much, MUCH less here (and my online time has benefited from that in a tremendous way). People are just too heated over minor things, even the jokes are disregarded and/or misinterpreted as attacks (despite the s).

Oh well, smiles just for the heck of it!

I've noticed you've been posting significantly less. I assumed you were getting more game time. I know I have.

VGKing said:

Could be.  Considering how many stores had them, and for how long they had them, it definitely could mean MS was selling the 360 at discounted prices.  That on top of how well sales were in Nov probably caused many stores to go ahead and buy plenty of stock.  They figured they would go through them in December, and if not, would sell them eventually.  For me, though, the most telling sign that MS channel stuffed/retailers bought much more than they needed is that MS was running ads for their holiday bundle in the US after Christmas was over, up until at least the first few days of Jan (not sure if they are still airing the commercial, I haven't been watching much TV lately).  It's the first time I have actually seen an ad for a holiday bundle, outside of store ads that come in the mail, let alone one playing days after Christmas.

Those were some insane numbers VG were posting so this was to be expected.

Mummelmann said:
brendude13 said:
Mummelmann said:
I'm confused. Who is the king of channel stuffing now? MS or Sony? I hope its still Sony, at least they will have come out on top of something this gen...

Must...resist...very poor...mum joke.

Aren't all mom jokes kind of poor?

Mine was worse, don't even know why I thought of it, just clicked in my head.