By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global is Up - 7th January 2012

Jay520 said:
Surprised to see Europe HW sales so much more than Americas.

It's like they have a holiday after the Holidays.

Around the Network
reviniente said:
Jay520 said:

Must be the Viking holidays.

VGKing said:
newwil7l said:
3ds is selling so good hopefully 360 can get its game back i mean just look how close it is to wii

It won't get its game back unless there's a big game release. So once Kinect Star Wars, Halo 4 and COD Black Ops 2 release.
Xbox 360 is sold by its sheer amount of marketing and promotions. Its both a blessing and a curse.

Or a pricecut. Don't forget the pricecut.

Why is the Xbox 360 sales so low? Did they sell out during the holidays and the Foxcon strike slow resupply?

Very good 3ds sells, wii still selling well despite the fact that the wiiU is just around the corner.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
Why is the Xbox 360 sales so low? Did they sell out during the holidays and the Foxcon strike slow resupply?

The X360s biggest region the US tends to fall off more quickly in the new year than Europe and Japan. In addition this is even one of the biggest weeks of the year in it´s weakest region Japan, so X360 sales only look low compared to the others 

Great to see that skyrim is still outselling battlefield and assassins creed. Also, cant believe battlefield is outselling mw3 in the uk!

reviniente said:
Jay520 said:

Some big Orthodox Churches, including the Russian one, still celebrate Xmas on 7th January, some other ancient Christian Churches like the Armenian one celebrate it with the Epiphany, on 6th January, and the Epiphany itself is an important holiday, often involving gift giving, particularly to children, for Catholic, Orthodox and other Churches.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Yeah, in Spain kids get gifts both on the 25th of December and the 6th of January.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Did the adjustments come from the US only due to NPD or was it from all regions?