By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: Xbox360 best selling console WW in 2011

Wow, I not totally surprised because all the estimates of the PS3 and Xbox 360 where so close, but I still didn't expect the Xbox 360 to have such an incredible year so late in it's life. MS is going to be going into the next generation with an incredible mind-share compared to when this generation started. It's not just the house of Halo anymore.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
While it may very well be true (we all know vgchartz isn't 100% accurate), how exactly does Microsoft know they sold more units than Sony or Nintendo? With the way I have always understood numbers, console makers only know the amount of units they have shipped, not the amount stores have sold.

Could somebody explain this to me/

I think this news deserves a proper celebration.

Baalzamon said:
While it may very well be true (we all know vgchartz isn't 100% accurate), how exactly does Microsoft know they sold more units than Sony or Nintendo? With the way I have always understood numbers, console makers only know the amount of units they have shipped, not the amount stores have sold.

Could somebody explain this to me/

MS has the same data that all the other console makers have. Nintendo, Sony, and MS all know how much consoles their competitors sell. 

psrock said:
Really impressed, we are going to see so crazy numbers thursday. I think 3.5 million for the 360.

V unlikely, I think 3m is the best to hope for, with the other 500k growth elsewhere around the globe.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

I think this news deserves a proper celebration.

HAHAHA That was hilarious, couldnt stop laughing after 1sec of them just screaming, I only understood one word "Microsoffffffft"

Still waiting for confirmation

I know Ballmer said it, but he kinda said "wordwide" kinda low (first impression live) comparing to the over 66M sold and the over 18m kinect

And suposedly they also said: "Xbox 360 is the best selling console in the US, according to MS"

When Sony said the 3.9 sold in December instead of saying the total number, you kinda predicted the #2 place

Congrats on the huge numbers regardless, you knew it would explode the minute the casual start loving Kinect.

But the question remains, how much can they sell outside of Holidays, and how much can they sell this year when WiiU comes out, and the casual go running after that console (or not).

Numbers won´t lie and both will be close regardless.

... Wait, so... MS really did... Afterall... Nah... I'll come back when I wake up to check if this thread is real...

*insert several smillies here*

Wait hang on? Whaatttt??? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt??? So MS won 2011??? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt?????

Hehehheee... nah, How does he know?

Yay!!!

Wait for shipments + vgc adjustments.

I remember last time this happened when Microsoft announced it was ahead of PS3 across 'all' of Europe, then SONY made the same claim and it came down to Microsoft counting Europe as the UK+4 other countries vs. SONY counting Europe as Europe+Middle East.

Aprisaiden said:
Wait for shipments + vgc adjustments.

I remember last time this happened when Microsoft announced it was ahead of PS3 across 'all' of Europe, then SONY made the same claim and it came down to Microsoft counting Europe as the UK+4 other countries vs. SONY counting Europe as Europe+Middle East.

Bit different here. Unless yo count mars and the moon.