By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CES Microsoft Keynote - X360 66m, Kinect Over 18m, Nearly 40m XBL Users

They won't announce a new console at CES. They announced the original Xbox there, but that was before they were a big part of the game industry and before they attended E3.

I would bet money on a big new game or two, though. Gears 2 (and 3?) were announced at CES after all.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I love all these services Seece provides.

There will be no new console announcement.

That would be completely anticlimactic and take attention away from 2 things way more important to Microsoft. Windows 8 and Windows phone 7.5/8.

Its something Sony would do... Announce a console at Fred's BBQ party.

non-gravity said:
Geoff Keighley teased a new console may be shown. The annoying prat.

Where?

Also, Geoff can't help it, he's annoying by nature. ;)

BasilZero said:
I'm pretty sure there's a higher chance of it being announced at E3 and it would make a bigger Impact there imo.

Anyways, any idea why its the last CES for Microsoft?

"The company is joining Apple in saying that it prefers to put on its own events when the time is right to show off its products."

Around the Network

Major Nelson

If you would like to watch the last Microsoft CES Keynote but can’t join us in Las Vegas…don’t worry! The Keynote will be streamed LIVE on the Microsoft Facebook page tonight at 9:30p ET/6:30p PT/0230 UTC.

What time you can you watch it in your time zone? Click here to find out

Head over to the Microsoft Facebook page to watch the stream. 
I recommend not waiting until the last minute to jump in to watch the stream, swing by 15-20 minutes before and you’ll be all set.

http://majornelson.com/2012/01/09/how-to-watch-the-last-microsoft-ces-keynote/

Thanks nsanity!!!

I predict no gaming related news in their keynote presentation.

Fuuuuuuck sake, both microsoft and sony are on while I'm fast asleep :( (UK time)

Bump

'I recommend not waiting until the last minute to jump in to watch the stream, swing by 15-20 minutes before and you’ll be all set.'

Starts in 20 so best to get your streams ready now.