By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CES Microsoft Keynote - X360 66m, Kinect Over 18m, Nearly 40m XBL Users

highly doubt a new Xbox will be unveiled, would be funny if it did though

Around the Network
Seece said:
Millenium said:
9 hours still, they should host the keynote earlier in the day... 4:30 AM is a really sucky time for me to watch a keynote...

Seece, could you wall post me on how to "tag" a thread?

Hahahaha, you just did. It's just a post with 'Tagged' in it, so it's in your forum buddy.

Just a note in general-- don't post with something just like "tagged for later".  It's incredibly annoying and spam.  -_-

i think 20% is too optimistic.

twesterm said:
Seece said:
Millenium said:
9 hours still, they should host the keynote earlier in the day... 4:30 AM is a really sucky time for me to watch a keynote...

Seece, could you wall post me on how to "tag" a thread?

Hahahaha, you just did. It's just a post with 'Tagged' in it, so it's in your forum buddy.

Just a note in general-- don't post with something just like "tagged for later".  It's incredibly annoying and spam.  -_-

Nah, it's fine for threads like these I think (and NPD) (Other mods and admin do it)

kitler53 said:

50%!  D=<

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
kitler53 said:

50%!  D=<

all i'm saying is there is next to zero chance that MS will make such an important anouncement as a new console as an event they don't deem important enough to even attend next year. 

Just so you know guys to get the MS web stream it will be online here: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/ces/

I expect some information about holiday sales results.

On the Xbox side of things I think we will see new content providers and apps announced/demoed for Xbox Live and Xbox Live TV services. Maybe an announcement of a optical drive less 360 SKU to test download only distribution. I think a 360 with 320GB HDD and no DVD drive for $99.99 would do well.

Then I expect plenty of information/demonstration about Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7.X. Would also expect demos of integration between Windows 8, Windows Phone and 360.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Crazy prediction:

MS announces a new console that releases this year, beating the WiiU to the market, and going after the casual audience with Kinect 2.0 integrated, while still having hardcore franchises like Halo, Gears, Forza plus all the 3rd party games.

Ms understands that if you go after the casual from the beginning, while having unique first party franchises for the hardcore, AND STILL have all the 3rd party games available in the console, that is the way to sell consoles like crazy and make money.

This theory doesn´t make sense from a 360 perspective, because it is still selling great, and it there is price cuts coming for that console, but, from a 720 perspective, I think that puts them in a position to sell crazy especially because of the casual player that often times buys Nintendo consoles. They went after Sony hardcore audience this gen, they will go after Casual Nintendo next without trashing 360 core fans, IMO

I don´t bet my life that will happen, but that would be big news and I think it makes sense.

Geoff Keighley teased a new console may be shown. The annoying prat.