By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CES Microsoft Keynote - X360 66m, Kinect Over 18m, Nearly 40m XBL Users

Seece said:
gameonbro said:
Seece said:
Millenium said:
Barozi said:
Millenium said:
So let's just do a inaccurate and conservative calculation:

If theoretically 39M xbl users pay 40 bucks per year for XBL, the revenue figure would be:

1.560 Billion USD...

Sick!

no that's (short of) 40 million Gold and Silver members. AFAIR 60% of them are Gold members. Meaning around $1b in subsription revenue.
even though I'd say that the normal price for a subsrciption would lean more towards $50-$55 ($60 being official price + Europeans paying more)

So more like $1.2b

Ah, my bad, thought someone claimed close to 40M paid subribers.

But I think we can agree, $1.2B is still sick!

Wonder if they'll reach 50m subscribers (60% meaning 30m gold) by end of 2013

with all the apps they are adding definitely a possibility.  i dont know why they dont partner with netflix and other providers negotiate for a 50% discount for xbl users.

Netflix is already on there though? Does better on Wii as well I believe ...

But yeah, this time last year they were at 30m, so they've gone up 10m, should shoot past 50m! Perhaps 60m then, meaning 36m gold members.

sure netflix is on there but not with a discount :)  but i think ms will be aggresive with the xbl stuff.  i dont remember what i was looking at but it looked like over 100 apps going across the screen.  i know im waiting for xfinity myself.

e3 microsoft will say 75 million xboxs sold 25 million kinects and 50 million xbl users mark this down now