By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CES Microsoft Keynote - X360 66m, Kinect Over 18m, Nearly 40m XBL Users

selnor said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
Goddbless said:
selnor said:

I enjoyed that. Not for gaming reasons though.

Windows 8 looks awessome.

Also MS CEO says and quote

" Xbox 360 was the number 1 selling console WorldWide last year. "

VGC your numbers are wrong.

Also 66 million active  Live users now.

I thought it was 40 million? Isn't it 66million 360's sold?

You thought correctly. I think selnor is just a little short for air due to the whole "Xbox 360 was the number 1 selling console WorldWide last year" thing.

No. Read the thread title. 66m is LIVE USERS. He didnt give figure o 360s sold. He only said it was number 1 WW 2011.

He said 66m 360's sold and 40m Live accounts.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
yo_john117 said:
Seece said:
yo_john117 said:
Seece said:
Steve Ballmer 'We're the sales leader for 2011 for Worldwide hardware'

Wow....

Hopefully now the guys that constantly say PS3 = undertracked and 360 = overtracked will knock it off...at least for a while.

I expect there to be some meltdowns and excuses in your thread now (much like what a few 360 fans were doing when it looked like the PS3 had won)

Unfortunately we're already getting it, 1.6m is not a viable amount to have on shelves for the 360, and they're coming up with whatever they can to discredit it.

Well now that they've announced they were #1 for the year people can't really discredit it. they can make it look like it wasn't an impressive feat though I guess.

With these new numbers I am very sure the 360 will be the best selling console next year as well...also my 360 2012 prediction could end up being slightly on the low side (I originally thought it was quite a bit too high)

From what've seen, they only said they were first in the US, which is a given. Also, It's entirely possible that both Xbox 360 AND PS3 are undertracked.

I guess we have to wait for Sony's official 2011 numbers to be sure.

No they said they were first WW after they first announced the sales figures.

hmm.. This source says otherwise:

http://123kinect.com/video/million-kinect-sensors-sold-xbox-console/

Can anyone clarify 100% which statement is correct? Some sources say WW, some say US.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

trasharmdsister12 said:
selnor said:
No. Read the thread title. 66m is LIVE USERS. He didnt give figure o 360s sold. He only said it was number 1 WW 2011.

That *LIVE* was put there by Seece to let everyone know that the keynote is now live (as in - it has started and is in progress) when the keynote started.

Wait hold on. After he said 66m he said users. Does that mean he is saying they sold tto consumer 66m???????

e definately said users after 66m. Which is why I thought it reffered to Live users.

trasharmdsister12 said:
ImJustBayuum said:
yo_john117 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kinect for Windows is apparently $250.

0_o Why is that so much more expensive than Kinect for the 360? Is Kinect for Windows more powerful?

Their market research probably suggested high demand for it, hence the price.

I think they should reconduct their market research after that price announcement.

Thats what people said about kinect for Xbox prior launch.

selnor said:
Goddbless said:
selnor said:

No he said 360 was the number 1 selling console WW in 2011 with 66 million actve uers on Xbox Live.

No selnor ... 40m Xbox Live users, 66m install base. Stop debating this, you're wrong.

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:
yo_john117 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
yo_john117 said:
Seece said:
yo_john117 said:
Seece said:

Wow....

Hopefully now the guys that constantly say PS3 = undertracked and 360 = overtracked will knock it off...at least for a while.

I expect there to be some meltdowns and excuses in your thread now (much like what a few 360 fans were doing when it looked like the PS3 had won)

Unfortunately we're already getting it, 1.6m is not a viable amount to have on shelves for the 360, and they're coming up with whatever they can to discredit it.

Well now that they've announced they were #1 for the year people can't really discredit it. they can make it look like it wasn't an impressive feat though I guess.

With these new numbers I am very sure the 360 will be the best selling console next year as well...also my 360 2012 prediction could end up being slightly on the low side (I originally thought it was quite a bit too high)

From what've seen, they only said they were first in the US, which is a given. Also, It's entirely possible that both Xbox 360 AND PS3 are undertracked.

Can anyone clarify 100% which statement is correct? Some sources say WW, some say US.

I just watched Live. He said WW. Hence the figures given.

Silver-Tiger said:
yo_john117 said:

I didn't watch the show but everyone who watched it said that Steve Ballmer said the 360 was the best selling hardware WW which I assume might include 3DS?

Silver-Tiger said:
yo_john117 said:

It can be both? Ballmer said 1st WW in the keynote. Perhaps they needed time to make that video (they knew they would be 1st in US months ago)

Seece said:
selnor said:
Goddbless said:
selnor said:

No he said 360 was the number 1 selling console WW in 2011 with 66 million actve uers on Xbox Live.

No selnor ... 40m Xbox Live users, 66m install base. Stop debating this, you're wrong.

ROFL. s he said the word users right after 66m,  tought it impossible 66m sold to consumers. He def said 66m users not shipped.

selnor said:
Silver-Tiger said:
yo_john117 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
yo_john117 said:
Seece said:
yo_john117 said:
Seece said:

Wow....

I just watched Live. He said WW. Hence the figures given.

That means VGChartz might need to do major adjustments.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.