By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jaffe Suggests If Buying Twisted Metal For Moslty Campaign Go For A Rental

Despite having “the biggest and most varied” single player campaign of any of its predecessors, the focus of the new Twisted Metal installment is mainly about the multiplayer.

This is why the game’s creator suggest that those who are interested in the game just for the single player offering may want to rent it first.

“…If you are buying the new TM ONLY or MOSTLY for campaign, might I suggest a rental?

Again, not knocking our campaign- it really is the biggest and most varied one we’ve ever done- but just want to set expectations and be super clear that the heart and soul of the title is all about the MP. I feel I have to do that in this day and age of MEGA MASSIVE super amazing games that have campaigns like Batman, Uncharted 3, and Skyrim. 

How many video game developers in this day and age would tell their fans to rent their product instead of purchasing it weeks before the game hits retail? Not many I’d imagine. That’s what makes EatSleepPlay co-founder, David Jaffe, one of a kind.

Twisted Metal ships in North America February 14th.

http://thesilentchief.com/2012/01/07/david-jaffe-suggest-you-rent-twisted-metal/

hoping theres some kinda demo for it prior to release

Play Me

Around the Network

Hats off for honesty
Let's be honest, multiplayer is where the "fun" will be.
It's like buying COD for the single player....why would you do that?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

It is refreshing to see such a frank and honest developer despite the occasional gaffe. Personally, I am looking forward to the new Twisted Metal.

I'm glad that the gaming ondustry has got Jaffe. He's got intellectual honesty.

Trying to save people money? Who the hell does this guy think he is?!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Trying to save people money? Who the hell does this guy think he is?!!

Agree with this sentiment.

Weird guy.

Ajescent said:
Hats off for honesty
Let's be honest, multiplayer is where the "fun" will be.
It's like buying COD for the single player....why would you do that?

That's exactly what I did with cod 4 and 5.

I also think I bought cod 1 for the singleplayer campaign, but not only was that what made me buy 4 and 5, it was also completely awesome. And I did end up playing it in MP including United Offensive.

Regardless of that, people do buy games for the singleplayer campaign. Even if the games focus are on the multiplayer. Though I'll admit, I don't particularly find call of duty games worth the price of admission anymore.

For my MP fix, I prefere the later battlefield games. Which is ironic, cause I used to prefere call of duty games back when it was bf 1942 vs cod1.

On topic. Gotta give this man credit. Not many developers would actually go out and say that.

Check out my game about moles ^

Jaffe is a bad motherfvcker, he is confident with his game and its not afraid to say what he thinks.

I'll still buy the game for the single player too, the TW endings are super chessy in an awesome way.

I love this man

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Sounds like a way to get people to play it, fall in love, and then buy it.