By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
robzo100 said:
Ail said:
robzo100 said:
Nuggets beat a Knicks team in disarray. Good players that didn't fit the coach's system. They might not stand a chance against a rejuvenated knicks especially with Gallo out.

For years I've not watched basketball being that knicks haven't ever been a contender, so it was hard for me as a kid to get excited. Now I'm really paying attention as I'm living at home after college and knicks may be a 3 all star team (Lin, Melo, and Amare').

I think Amare will work well with Lin. I have more doubts about Melo as he is a ball hugger...

I generally agree.  But I think you need isolation play to balance out, or rather coexist with team play.  Isolation play draws double teams which creates good team play.  And team play prevents double teams.  It's synergistic, much in the same way that good defense creates good offense and vice versa.  You need both if you want to compete agains the absolute best.  Lin brings back a team that was imbalanced in isolation play since Melo was forced to be the point gaurd before.

Amare' and Lin may be great together, but Melo may be a key piece in being a top playoff team.  Plus, every great player needs someone to carry the team when they inevitably go to the bench to rest.

Mello has played with great PG before, like when Chauncey was in Denver. The issue is that no matter what the PG does, in the 4th quarter Melo acts like a black hole. The ball goes to him and never comes out... That works well the days he is hot, not so much when he isn't...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I'll have to wait and see. You may very well be right, and although it is his fault, I feel that a good coach should know how to tame his players. I hope the coach is a good one. How he utilizes this new lineup will put his coaching skills in the spotlight.

robzo100 said:
I'll have to wait and see. You may very well be right, and although it is his fault, I feel that a good coach should know how to tame his players. I hope the coach is a good one. How he utilizes this new lineup will put his coaching skills in the spotlight.

I think overall the team is going to improve because the Lin-Amare pick and roll should work really great.

The real issue is whether Melo's production in the new system is going to be worth the price the Knicks are paying for him....

I wish the Nuggets could play in the Eastern conference because they are terrible compared to the West. It should be known as the lEastern Conference. Glad nugs win against pheonix, but the upcoming schedule against the West has so many strong contenders it will be true battle.
Not a basketball expert, but I wonder why the league has cut down on physical play, yet scoring is down. I would think it would have the opposite affect.

chocoloco said:
I wish the Nuggets could play in the Eastern conference because they are terrible compared to the West. It should be known as the lEastern Conference. Glad nugs win against pheonix, but the upcoming schedule against the West has so many strong contenders it will be true battle.
Not a basketball expert, but I wonder why the league has cut down on physical play, yet scoring is down. I would think it would have the opposite affect.

No training camp so teams are not playing well together and defense is easier than offense in terms of team playing..

Around the Network

Linsanity. Yeah!!!

Miami takes down the Knicks as expected, but I'm disappointed in the lack of ball movement from the Knicks in the 2nd half. Maybe I'll get my wish this year and have a MIA/NY first round playoff series.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Metta World Peace! AHAHAHAHA!!!!

All star weekend!!! People!!

Just finished watching the Rockets/Thunder game and wow what a game. It looked lost for the Rockets but they came back in the final 2 minutes to win by 1 in OKC so the Thunder are 18-3 at home now.

Just went from hating John Lucas of the Bulls, to loving him with his amazing game against the Heat, to hating him again, all within the couse of a few days..