By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CNET: Handheld gaming to die in 2012. Vita not to release in the U.S.

Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading, such nonsense!

Around the Network

Morons. They immediately follow that up with that WebOS is going to make a come back. And that people are going to defect from Android..

well maybe the guy believes in 2012 being the end of the world. If so his predictions are valid that handeld devices will die in 2012 lol.

to be fair it was only the girl who randomly said that psvita won't come out in the US and she obviously had no idea about anything gaming related. She thought it had already come out in the United States initially until sonic told her it didn't. mobile based gaming continues to grow and grow and its obviously going to pass dedicated handhelds even in terms of revenue, but clearly the devices don't compete yet as this massive growth hasn't caused handheld gaming to decline massively.

Urge to kill... rising...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

"PSV may not release in NA"

What da fuq dey smoke/

Geez, I am getting tired of this BS about how the mobile market is going to kill handheld consoles. Ever since the price cut, the 3DS has picked up quite nicely, especially in Japan. And while the Vita's 2nd week was a little disappointing, it still has sold better in two weeks than the PSP did in its first 2 weeks (Vita's 430K to PSP's 248K). Handheld aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Honestly, I'm past even raising an eyebrow anymore when people like this blurt out this kind of unsubstantiated garbage. If he were to say, "in my opinion...", then I could just respond with, "I disagree". But to say it like they actually did some kind of research on the subject to arrive at that conclusion when clearly they haven't? Again, it would just infuriate me too much if I chose to dwell on it.

Perhaps they should pay a visit to VGChartz; maybe they'd get a clue.

RVDondaPC said:
Morons. They immediately follow that up with that WebOS is going to make a come back. And that people are going to defect from Android..

This is even less likely than Handheld gaming die in 2012.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Honestly, with the amount of ridiculous claims by these so-called "professionals", you'd think Apple and other smart-phone companies were paying these people off to say smart-phones are taking over. The demand for the 3DS was created during this holiday season, I don't see how it's gonna completely drop off by the end of 2012, especially since there's so many major releases for it next year.