By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CNET: Handheld gaming to die in 2012. Vita not to release in the U.S.

After reading the books of Hyruken, i still can't see any proof for declining handheld sales.
Waste of time!
For once, i'm with Rol on this topic.
Oh and i like the viewpoint of crissindahouse, refreshing and true, imo, thank you!

Around the Network
ninty_shareholder64 said:
After reading the books of Hyruken, i still can't see any proof for declining handheld sales.
Waste of time!
For once, i'm with Rol on this topic.
Oh and i like the viewpoint of crissindahouse, refreshing and true, imo, thank you!

I rofl'd

sethnintendo said:
So the point being don't release a handheld over 200 and don't release a home console system over 400.

Fixed.

RolStoppable said:
sales2099 said:
The point is that dedicated gaming handhelds over $200 are a thing of the past. Smartphones over $200 took their place.

3DS didnt pick up until it went below 200. Thats why the Vita will not do good, like the 3DS, its now over what ppl are willing to pay

For something to be a thing of the past, it needed to be relevant in the first place. Since previous Nintendo handhelds were all below $200 in the past and the PSP struggled at its initial $250 price point, there is no data for a handheld ever doing well at a price of above $200. So smartphones didn't take anything away from handhelds. Existence of smartphones or not, both the 3DS and PS Vita were poised to have problems at price points of $250 within their first year on the market.

Well then the dominance of smartphones only cemented this theory. And based on your reply, Sony really doesnt know the markets they are launching their products in

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

are they stupid or something?