By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2012 Sales Predictions

LOL, I have the lowest Vita prediction, lowest PSP prediction, highest DS prediction, and (almost) the highest PS360 prediction. I must be one terrible predictor or I have the greatest forsight in the history of VGChartz.

We'll see

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
um can i get some tips please?

2011 numbers aint done yet and there could be adjustments, but i cant even get 2010 numbers for ex. if i use chart index and subtracted the dates from week ending 1/1/11 from 1/2/10 i get 13.8 for PS3 but if i use AS or HW table i get 14.4 i havent tried the other consoles yet though

i'll post these for now as a place holder

360 14.3
PS3 13.9
Wii 6.9

3ds 22
psp2 7.8
wiiu 2.5

ds 4.6
psp 3.9

pretty bummed that i didnt get a invite also :(

No, get them yourself.

And last time I invited you, you pretended not to see the thread until it closed for submissions *suspect* so I didn't bother this time.

Glad you jumped in though, perhaps you can redeem yourself after all the awful predictions you've made lately

Mario party 9 will do 1M this year I reckon.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

I like how you organized the tables alphabetically, now instead of searching through the list I can just quickly go to the bottom and find my name.

BTW I agree with Kowen, having an average of all the predictions would be nice along with the highest and lowest predictions for each console/handheld.

When are we getting shipment data from the big 3? Specifically, Nintendo?

And NPD?

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
um can i get some tips please?

2011 numbers aint done yet and there could be adjustments, but i cant even get 2010 numbers for ex. if i use chart index and subtracted the dates from week ending 1/1/11 from 1/2/10 i get 13.8 for PS3 but if i use AS or HW table i get 14.4 i havent tried the other consoles yet though

i'll post these for now as a place holder

360 14.3
PS3 13.9
Wii 6.9

3ds 22
psp2 7.8
wiiu 2.5

ds 4.6
psp 3.9

pretty bummed that i didnt get a invite also :(

You have to use the charts, as most of the other numbers are outdated.  So that's 20.8 for DS, 17.5 for Wii, 13.9 for PS3, 13.4 for 360, and 9.2 for PSP for 2010.

Carl2291 said:
When are we getting shipment data from the big 3? Specifically, Nintendo?

And NPD?

Next Monday - CES (MS)
Next Thursday - NPD
Thursday After - MS Financials
Thursday After that - Ninty Financials
Thursday After that - Sony Financials

Just remember, every thursday for the next 4 weeks brings new info

Wii 8.2m
360 13.8m
PS3 14.4m
WiiU 3.4m

3DS 17.3m
VITA 6.2m
DS 4.6m
PSP 5.1m

when does the Wiiu actually release

Above & Beyond

My numbers are for the official shipment numbers, if youre going to use vgchartz numbers you better add 20% to a certain manufacturer's consoles

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

For shipments numbers, I predict, I saw no thread for Q4 2011 prediction thread so Ill put mine here for now.

3DS - 7.02M
360 - 8.2M
PS3 - 7.9M
Wii - 5.64M
DS - 3M
PSP 2.8M

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d