By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TorrentFreak's List of Most Pirated Games in 2011

Seece said:
and people bitch about devs trying to stop piracy with certain methods ...

True words my friend.  it's a shame that these games get stolen so much I mean the PC gets completely ravaged.

Around the Network

if the government would shut down sites or only allow for stuff thats expired -- you know such as nes stuff and such , which is why its legal to sell those clones , -- with that said , smh these people are going to be one of the main reasons we will soon have to download our games on some one elses servers! think about your actions!

ahhh xenoblade man im sad im up there in the count probably. gears beating mw3 is a bit surprising.

UltimateUnknown said:
Forget Xenoblade look at Crysis 2, it was pirated approximately 4 million times. I might be wrong, but I don't even think the game sold half that amount on PC. So sad for a game that started on PC and was optimised for it.

Yeah but 3 million of those piratings probably weren't to actually play the game, but instead to serve as a graphcis benchmark test to see "What level can I play Crisis 2 at."

I mean, i haven't heard one person argue that Crisis 2 is actually a good game.  Everyone I know who's played it actually says it sucks.

Dragonborn_2 said:
EA should have added DRM to crysis 2 and battlefield !
it's a shame to see them pirated like that !
btw i remember an article about the witcher 2 , that the illegally downloads are about 3 millions right ?

DRM's CAUSE Piracy.

I know because i've downloaded pirated copies of games I already own because I didn't want their system damging Malware DRMS on my PC.

I'm sure plenty of other people aren't quite as generous.

Around the Network

I was pretty disappointed to see Gears of War 3 top the most pirated 360 games list. The campaign is cliche and online is still way too dominated by the shotgun, but regardless it's a fantastic game and the best iteration in the series yet. It's one of the few blockbuster games that, even despite already selling gangbusters, deserves more sales. Epic really got it right and it's a shame to see so many people stealing the game.

Crysis 2 was pirated so much as a stress test for computers. Most of those "pirates" didn't download it to play it, they just wanted to play for 5 mins to see what their build could handle. Same with Battlefield 3 (which I downloaded to see what my computer could do, it wasn't so hot. But I bought it on PS3 on launch day and deleted the PC copy after like 10 mins)

And yes, the more developers add DRM, the more the game is pirated. LOOK AT FREAKING MINECRAFT. Minecrafts WHOLE user agreement basically says "don't give out copies of the game" instead of the pages and pages long CRAP that EA and Ubi and whoever put on it. Notch doens't support DRM And so his game is rarely pirated.

What's the point of pirating MW3?People actually want to play the single-player that much?

Mordred11 said:
What's the point of pirating MW3?People actually want to play the single-player that much?

As far as campaigns go, you'll be hard pressed finding one that is as much of a thrill-ride as MW3's.

I'm really disappointed that Portal 2 is there. It's made by Valve, and it's a brilliant game! Who the hell would pirate that?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective