Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/Software Dec 24th up

GT5

65,629 this week.

7,085,447 LTD.

LEGZ.

Around the Network

PS3 OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 60 MILLION!

CONGRATS.

3DS is this big now, imagine what it is going to be like when Pokemon gets released on it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Seece said:
loy310 said:
2012 preview is up.
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88657/an-early-look-at-the-2012-video-game-market/

Ugh, source proving he can't estimate for toffee .. again.

Wii 10m next year and 360 11 mill? He wishes. X360 will end up outshipping the Wii every Q this year (2.2m) so far this year with potential to top 3 mill.

Still why am I surprised, Source expected X360 to be massively down in the US this year, and for the Wii price cut to push it to nigh on 300/400k a month up until xmas, look how that turned out

Once again he'll be dissappointed.

Yea, I agree.  There's no way the 360 or PS3 is going to drop that much next year.  With coming price cuts, some appealing exclusives, and another big holiday for them (2012 may be their last large holiday, as their successors may be coming in 2013) , I think they should be able to remain flat or only be down slightly.  Definitely not the 2.5 mil for the PS3 and 3 mil down for 360 that he is estimating.

Oh, and the real kicker is...he's using the old unadjusted data. 

Jumpin said:
3DS is this big now, imagine what it is going to be like when Pokemon gets released on it.

yea but its no surprise really. we all seen how big the sales of the DS was at times. always knew the 3DS was gonna do the same eventually.

Around the Network

ps3 didnt break a million oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

nintendo lookin good needs a few more million selleres mario kjart 7 woot woot

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

Nice numbers.

It'll be cool to see how close the 360 gets to the PS3 at year's end. I reckon they'll be no more than a couple hundred k in it, with Wii about 1.5mil behind.

Loving 3DS sales! Shame about Vita. Was expecting more.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

tis the time for mommy & daddy to buy consoles for others he he, great sales for 360 in NA unbelievable in fact
i wonder how much they will sell in 2012 surely it has to be below 2011 with all 3 announcements for new consoles

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

360 will have a great year next year, they will hit at least 75 million next year with their price drop and holiday specials. 78-79 on the unlikely chance that they don't launch the next xbox next year.

Disappointed that Ps3 never broke 1mil

Yay!!!