By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - MId-season breaks. America why??? :(

I am british and so i dont often have  to cope with mid-season breaks :D but after finally catching up with the walking dead (which i love) and i find out the next episode is in february FFFFFUUUUU!!!! What is the point, youve filmed the series so its all there, nothing more to be done and now you just randomly decide to make a massive 3-4month break in the middle? Thats like watching an hour of a movie and then just stopping in the middle and saying "right see the next half in 2 weeks time" What is up with that? America explain yourself!

-moody brit-

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network

They've started doing it with Doctor Who now as well. Something that should make the writers reconsider this is that the second half of the series was much worse that the first. Contributes to a list of reason as to why I probably won't be watching the next series.

yh i love doctor who and i think its stupid to put mid season break in.

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

SecondWar said:
They've started doing it with Doctor Who now as well. Something that should make the writers reconsider this is that the second half of the series was much worse that the first. Contributes to a list of reason as to why I probably won't be watching the next series.

They started doing it because of the American airing of the show, they want to cater to that audience as well. 

I'm an American, and I feel your pain. Mid-season breaks are stupid.

Around the Network

Does seem rather silly, and breaks up the flow of the series. I thought more people were watching tv this time of year? In the UK I think Christmas day is the highest day of ratings

Acevil said:
SecondWar said:

They started doing it because of the American airing of the show, they want to cater to that audience as well. 

But seeing as its a British programme, why dont they leave it how it is for us? I'm happy for BBC America to split it in two if thats what Americans like by why ruin it in the show's home country? Anyway Doctor Who has being going in America for several years and this is the first one they've done it. And as I said before, the show fell flat on its face in the second half of the series.

SecondWar said:
Acevil said:
SecondWar said:

But seeing as its a British programme, why dont they leave it how it is for us? I'm happy for BBC America to split it in two if thats what Americans like by why ruin it in the show's home country? Anyway Doctor Who has being going in America for several years and this is the first one they've done it. And as I said before, the show fell flat on its face in the second half of the series.

This year was really the first real year in America, despite it being aired in America in the past. 

I hate breaks, given I can understand christmas breaks, however spring -> fall breaks are stupid as hell. 

I hate mid-season breaks as well. But I hate the massive wait between seasons even more because they almost always end the season epicly and leave you with a ton of questions but you have to wait almost 6 months to get an answer to those questions.

I'm with you on that one. I just finished the episodes that have already aired of the walking dead season 2 and do not like that i have to wait till February 12 to watch the others. Especially after what happened at the end of episode 7. It is one of the best tv shows on right now.

I always hated mid-season breaks, if they were not as long it would not be a problem, but most of the time they are 2 to 3 months, sometimes four. I think they should be just a month. There are a few shows i have seen that only have a one month break but its very seldom.