By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita sold horribly in its second week.

flagstaad said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I'm definitely having second thoughts about buying one, because as well all know if the console doesn't sell and the games don't sell, then it's hard to say if it the hardware will be well supported. I'm willing to spend about £300 on a Vita (including memory card/game), however putting that money towards a shiny new PC is looking more and more benificial. 

Just wait, let the product mature before buying one, by the end of next year you will have a better picture of the future of the console. The companies will show how commited are with the handheld during the E3 and we can be sure if the library will have really unique games or will be only ports of PS3 games in a smaller screen. It just too early to say it will be a success but also to say is doomed.

Also is possible that the console or its accesories will be discounted and or bundled during the next holiday period.

I'm only having second thoughts on when I'm going to buy it, I almost am certainly gonna buy it eventually. Yeah I think waiting for E3 is a good idea, I mean the lineup already looks spectacular (hardly any console ports, mostly original Vita games, including the big franchises) so I'm not worried about that, but I should just see what happens at E3.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
2 weeks in and you know the fate of the vita?

seriously. as you have pointed out the psp id still selling loads (unlike the ds). So the pull is still towards the psp instead of the vita probably because the monster hunters, gundams, mgs's, and so on are on the psp on not the vita (while some of the ds best franchise as made the transition to the 3ds)

The vitas line up is far more appealing to europe and the us with uncharted the shining star.

enough of all this vita doom and weigh it up next year when its had a chance to prove itself.

No, I'm simply asking why the Vitas launch is poor and what it needs to compete with the 3DS. 

I also think the Vita will do very well in EU/NA, I'm talking mainly about Japan.

Aj_habfan said:

Just what we need, another thread to over analyze and draw massive long term worldwide conclusions, all from Vita's second week in Japan.

No, I'm simply asking why the Vitas launch is poor and what it needs to compete with the 3DS. 

What "massive long term worldwide conclusions" did I come to? 

Yes,not many people would have thought that the second week of vita 's japan lauch would be this bad.Even so, we must admit lauch games are more appeal to western crowds.So let 's wait and see how it do in the west before giving judgment

Andrespetmonkey said:
Aj_habfan said:

Just what we need, another thread to over analyze and draw massive long term worldwide conclusions, all from Vita's second week in Japan.

You didn't, you instead posed about 50 questions for us to answer and bore the topic some more with our massive long term worldwide conclusions.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
Jumpin said:
They are buying the 3DS instead; it is a system with a more appealing lineup of games and also looks to have much greater potential.

I think that our launch and US launches will be similar.

I disagree, the Vitas lineup includes many franchises that are huge in the west (COD, Assassins creed, Uncharted, Bioshock etc.), so I'd say the lineups are at least even, personally I think the Vita has by far the better lineup potentially. It's more of a problem of the lack of games appealing to the Japanese and big Japanese franchises. The Japan launch line-up was very good, it just didn't have many big Japanese games. Imagine a monster hunter game launched on Vita. This thread wouldn't exist if that was the case. 

I think the EU/NA launches will be much better received because 2012 will have a killer line-up, mostly appealing to the west. Hopefully it will be bundled loads and maybe even get a small price-cut before the year ends.

doesnt this contradict your whole thread and you just answered your own question. japan need japanese appealing games like you just said. as for the eu and na we dont know how well its going to do because it hasnt launched and we know that with the launch line up with more eu and na orientated games it should do better.

and people predicting price cuts in the eu and na before its even launched is extremely mad.how can people predict how well its going to sell

poor thread

I mean you've clearly done enough research to know all about the issues, I don't see why you wanted to make another thread - it's just recycled opinions at this point.

Why is Vita and it's software selling so badly? Is it the cheaper competition with a bigger library? Is it the lack of system selling software? Obviously yes to both

What does Vita need to compete with the competition? A price cut? More system sellers? Better marketing? Cheaper software and Memory cards? Obviously yes to all

Will the European/North American launch and brilliant line-up of the next year boost it's sales high enough to make it compete? The only worthy question, but then again, with your title, doesn't fit - unless you want to make those conclusions I previously mentioned.

Aj_habfan said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Aj_habfan said:

You didn't, you instead posed about 50 questions for us to answer and bore the topic some more with massive long term worldwide conclusions.

If you find the topic and questions I asked boring then why are you here? There are plenty of other threads you may be interested in. If all you are going to do is complain about other people asking questions and wanting to talk about a certain topic then fuck off.

Other people are interested in the questions, they are posting about them. Again, there were no "massive long term worldwide conclusions" anywhere in my post.  

Andrespetmonkey said:
SWORDF1SH said:
2 weeks in and you know the fate of the vita?

seriously. as you have pointed out the psp id still selling loads (unlike the ds). So the pull is still towards the psp instead of the vita probably because the monster hunters, gundams, mgs's, and so on are on the psp on not the vita (while some of the ds best franchise as made the transition to the 3ds)

The vitas line up is far more appealing to europe and the us with uncharted the shining star.

enough of all this vita doom and weigh it up next year when its had a chance to prove itself.

I also think the Vita will do very well in EU/NA, I'm talking mainly about Japan.

no. you said youre worried about it selling because if it doesnt it wont get support from developers but then you go on about how well it will sell in eu/na and how much amazing support it as

are you confused??

Games.It needs games.And not just any kind of games.Must-buy games.
Once they bring those to the table,Vita should sell decently.It wouldn't hurt if the accessories would be a tiny bit cheaper either.