By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot is right... Skyward Swords controls are bad.

Your Mom is awesome! And i'm sorry she gave up on the game!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
Your Mom is awesome! And i'm sorry she gave up on the game!

First of all, your avatar is awesome.

Second of all, she hasn't given up yet. I'm actually about to call her to see what's up.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Thanks. I knew this title would get me some views, lol.

Also, she has not called me back yet, so either she finally did it or she threw the disc across the house, lol.

Hopefully not... I mean, she's around... the 30 minute mark? I believe in her!

I wonder how she'll react to the Ghirahim fight.

Even I was confused at first, as I tried to circle around quickly to lead his hand, and the do a quick opposite strike... but he always caught me. Figured out that I had to slow down and lead him until his hand stopped, and then hit him from the opposite side.

The less Miyamoto works on a Zelda game, the more you guys seem to dislike it. Is that a coincidence? I think not ;)

dsage01 said:
I can't believe your mom being a Zelda gamer never mentioned how "improved" the visuals were from Twilight Princess.  

Me neither. It's almost as if people outside message boards don't even care about the visuals!

Euphoria14 said:

As for the controls being no different, I NEVER had to recalibrate in Twilight Princess. In Skyward Sword I seem to need to do it every half hour or so.

You've played it for over an hour and you're still in Skyloft? I usually try to get to the first dungeon as fast as possible in 3D Zeldas, because that's usually when the games start being fun.

Anyway, I have a feeling she's not going to like skydiving or tightrope walking either.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
NintendoFanDj said:
Yall just suck or not experiences are motion gaming. If the controls aren't accurate you have to re calibrate it.
Also you must be in the right position in front of the TV. Because if you are not you won't be able to move the right direction you want Link and his bird to move because of your position in front of the sensor bar.

Sorry to bust your bubble sir, but if you need to sit a certain way, recalibrate when controls get mixed up, etc... then the problems lies with the game. 

Zelda is a game meant to be played in a relaxed state, like sitting back, or laying down, not planning out a seating position before firing it up. 

Also, the controls of the bird have nothing to do with the sensor bar since it is done with the six-axis motion and not the IR pointer.

Did you even read my opening post?

Is this the first motion game you played if so then that explain why your frustrated. I have the  game and the controls don't suck at all and thing I do is re calibrate it when an Item don't do what I did.

"Nintendo fan for life"

NintendoFanDj said:
Euphoria14 said:
NintendoFanDj said:
Yall just suck or not experiences are motion gaming. If the controls aren't accurate you have to re calibrate it.
Also you must be in the right position in front of the TV. Because if you are not you won't be able to move the right direction you want Link and his bird to move because of your position in front of the sensor bar.

Sorry to bust your bubble sir, but if you need to sit a certain way, recalibrate when controls get mixed up, etc... then the problems lies with the game. 

Zelda is a game meant to be played in a relaxed state, like sitting back, or laying down, not planning out a seating position before firing it up. 

Also, the controls of the bird have nothing to do with the sensor bar since it is done with the six-axis motion and not the IR pointer.

Did you even read my opening post?

Is this the first motion game you played if so then that explain why your frustrated. I have the  game and the controls don't suck at all and thing I do is re calibrate it when an Item don't do what I did.

LOL! This thread is about my Mom, not about me.

I have owned my Wii since November 27th, 2006.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

ALRIGHT! SHE DID IT!!!!

She said her problem was that she was trying to catch the bird icon above the bird and not the bird itself, LMFAO!

Anyways she is relaxed now.

What an awesome time I just had. Seriously made my day.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
By the way, anyone else have issues with the Wiimote not staying properly calibrated? When I say that I am talking about the pointer not being consistent.

For example, sometimes when I enter the map I can't aim at the center of the screen.

Other times the Wiimote doesn't follow my motions properly. Like when I was flying, I would tilt the Wiimote up, yet my bird wouldn't fly upwards but rather continued going forward or instead decided to descend.

Whenever I have any of these issues I have to recalibrate to get it back to full working order.

I had the same problem, but I don't think it has to do with the Wiimote needing recalibrated.

It doesn't use the IR sensor for pointing. When you go into something that requires pointer aiming, whatever position the Wiimote's in becomes the default "center" position. So if you're pointing directly at the screen it's correctly synched, but if you're holding it at some other angle it's completely off. After I figured that out I stopped having problems. 

I don't know why they decided to do it like that since the IR sensor works fine. Everything else works great though, and I really can't go back to traditional controls now.

Euphoria14 said:
ALRIGHT! SHE DID IT!!!!

She said her problem was that she was trying to catch the bird icon above the bird and not the bird itself, LMFAO!

Woot woot! Yeah... that would cause anyone troubles with the mission haha. ^_^

Now comes the only part in the game that gave me troubles. Skydiving. I hope she gets it.