By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamespot is right... Skyward Swords controls are bad.

Boutros said:
Tell her to wait for the Wii U version.

She just got herself a Wii back when the Black MKWii bundle released, so I doubt she will get a Wii U.

Alright, so she just called me back, lol.

Here is what I had to endure:

"Alright Justin, what the hell is going on here? I did what you said and they are now throwing rocks at me."

"I went up to the sky, back down, up to the sky, back down, trying to pick up speed. I finally get up to the stupid bird and it says press A so I did that. This is pissing me off!"

So I said: "Ok, and what happened when you listened and hit A?"

She says: "The stupid fucking bird of mine dashed over the bird in front of me so now I have to do this stupid shit all over again!"

So yeah, according to my Mother it is Gamespot +1.

A game shouldn't cause frustration like that in the first 30 minutes to an hour, especially a Zelda game lol.

I wonder how long before she calls me again.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
I'm not too sure about the calibrating issues with Twilight Princess, infact I had no other motion control problems with any other game so far, just with Skyward Sword (which requires motion plus) so it must be a motion plus thing....

Same here, Skyward Sword is the only Wii game that I have had issues with when it comes to the controls not responding properly.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
dsage01 said:
I can't believe your mom being a Zelda gamer never mentioned how "improved" the visuals were from Twilight Princess. Honestly I can't really notice the difference between the two games when it comes to controls, amount of lag (both games had quite a lot) and visuals. I being a huge Zelda fan before Twilight Princess came out and a fan of the series before Zelda SS came out. I'm really disappointed with the Zelda this generation.

Graphics aren't super important to her since she just likes the storyline in the games.

As for the controls being no different, I NEVER had to recalibrate in Twilight Princess. In Skyward Sword I seem to need to do it every half hour or so.

I can see how this game could be very discouraging.

As for being disappointed this gen, I agree.

Phantom Hourglass was a letdown for me. Choo-Choo Zelda was meh. Twilight Princess bore me to tears in the Sky Temple that I left the game on the shelf for a year before going back and beating it.

So far I am liking Skyward Sword, however I am only about to finally leave Skyloft.

The game gets so much better from there.

Yall just suck or not experiences are motion gaming. If the controls aren't accurate you have to re calibrate it.
Also you must be in the right position in front of the TV. Because if you are not you won't be able to move the right direction you want Link and his bird to move because of your position in front of the sensor bar.

"Nintendo fan for life"

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Personally I'd much rather use the classic controller (closest thing to a Dualshock3-Sixaxis controller) but I just gave the game's controls time and I've gotten used to them now.

You mean closest to the SNES controller which is the SNES controller with trigger and analog stick which the Sony Controller copied off of. So basically DualShock 3-Sixaxis Controller is a SNES Sony style controller.

"Nintendo fan for life"

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
This is what I was so afraid of. This settles it, I probably won't buy a Wii and Zelda. I really don't like motion controls.

man then you really need to stay far away from this game

NintendoFanDj said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
Personally I'd much rather use the classic controller (closest thing to a Dualshock3-Sixaxis controller) but I just gave the game's controls time and I've gotten used to them now.

You mean closest to the SNES controller which is the SNES controller with trigger and analog stick which the Sony Controller copied off of. So basically DualShock 3-Sixaxis Controller is a SNES Sony style controller.

In relation to what I've been using lately, yes.

Nice thread title Euphoria. *laughs*

Bummer that she's having such troubles with the very beginning of the game. Hopefully she'll steady her hand and get that bird statue. ^_^

Thankfully I had I much easier time with the game, and it was an incredible journey with fantastic motion controls. Skyward Sword rocked my socks this year... and hopefully your mom can continue playing and fall in love with such an awesome game.

NintendoFanDj said:
Yall just suck or not experiences are motion gaming. If the controls aren't accurate you have to re calibrate it.
Also you must be in the right position in front of the TV. Because if you are not you won't be able to move the right direction you want Link and his bird to move because of your position in front of the sensor bar.

Sorry to bust your bubble sir, but if you need to sit a certain way, recalibrate when controls get mixed up, etc... then the problems lies with the game. 

Zelda is a game meant to be played in a relaxed state, like sitting back, or laying down, not planning out a seating position before firing it up. 

Also, the controls of the bird have nothing to do with the sensor bar since it is done with the six-axis motion and not the IR pointer.

Did you even read my opening post?

Currently playing:

Smeags said:
Nice thread title Euphoria. *laughs*

Bummer that she's having such troubles with the very beginning of the game. Hopefully she'll steady her hand and get that bird statue. ^_^

Thankfully I had I much easier time with the game, and it was an incredible journey with fantastic motion controls. Skyward Sword rocked my socks this year... and hopefully your mom can continue playing and fall in love with such an awesome game.

Thanks. I knew this title would get me some views, lol.

Also, she has not called me back yet, so either she finally did it or she threw the disc across the house, lol.

Currently playing: