By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 advertising still HORRIBLE

I find in general. Video game commercials to be extremely stupid.

Around the Network

Lol, too much UC3 commercials here.. Australia..

Yay!!!

I enjoy and appreciate the 'Michael' commercial. It's a gripping piece of art.

But I think it does little to appeal to new customers. It seems like fan art made for fans. It makes you feel great if you know what the characters are and what they are referring too. Otherwise it seems like the old multi movie Netflix commercial (and who would want to be associated with that company’sl will) or something strange like perfume. If you just listen it doesn't tell you what it is or what to buy. I know that's the idea, but it seems too artsy to have it's message clear to new buyers.

The God of War commercials, make me go ya! I want to buy that game.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

What's wrong with trying to say thanks to the fans you currently have? If you think about it, after the who Collaps3 situation, I wouldn't have blamed anyone for jumping ship but some folks chose to stay, nothing wrong with saying thanks to them.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

SvennoJ said:
I finally saw some Uncharted 3 commercials here in Canada, first ones in a long time. I haven't seen another commercial for any of the other exclusives all year.

Microsoft adds come on all the time, but it's always Kinect movie night nowadays.

Haven't seen a Wii add at all lately, just a few 3DS adds, nothing for PS Vita.

We barely see video games commercials in Canada, less in french-canada, the left-behind...  But still the only one I see is PS3 games wich are OK for me.  I think the OP got impulsive on that one.

Around the Network

If Sony advertising is so great in the UK, why has the system consistently outsold by the Wii and the 360 throughout 2011? When there was all this excellent content on the PS3?

Also I love most of the Kevin Butler commercials because they are light hearted and fun. Games do get shown in the KB ads. But Long Live Play has taken over, so Kevin Butler is now on Twitter and Facebook. Check out the Hall of Play or Game on Facebook.

Also check out the above posted Michael commercial. Sony just doesn't do advertising enough or aggressive enough period. Uncharted 3 has been heavily advertised. Subway was advertising for the game all thoughout October. Kevin Butler wasn't even used for Uncharted 3 (I don't think).

There is only so much you can do in 30 minutes. KB needs to be regulated to special commercials like price drops, hardware launches and blockbuster game releases. Which Sony seems to be understanding how to not oversaturate the advertising market with him.