By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Editorial: Sony's Biggest Mistake Of 2011

Tagged games:

Game Informer continues to prove they have no idea what the market wants

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Tridrakious said:
spurgeonryan said:
Lol! Wouldn't have been horrible if I just left it at that like some people do? We have a lot of gamestop workers who come here!

Thanks for the wall of text, it reminded me of our long lost JC7.

JC7?

That is short for Joelcool7, our wall of text expert.

Well I prefer PlayStation Expert, but meh. I guess a former member's role is good to.

I agree with KylieDog. Every player created thing I have played on LBP and Infamous 2 is absolute crap. Only Modnation racers seems to provide decent(yet still mediocre) user generated content. Please let Play, create , share die a quick yet painful death.
Also, I think sony's biggest mistake is not proving to the masses that they have "better" and more games than the 360...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Play, Share and Create brings me back to the good old days of Halo 3.

Ive made five maps myself and it was amazing... Heaps of fun. Even playing by your self.

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Play, Share and Create brings me back to the good old days of Halo 3.

Ive made five maps myself and it was amazing... Heaps of fun. Even playing by your self.

Yea Halo knows how to do user generated content on consoles right.

Around the Network

Big mistakes:
1. Losing Monster Hunter
2. Lack of move support
3. Lack of good Japan oriented exclusives in PSV launch line
4. Lack of communication about minor Vita details that were blown out of proportion

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Lol worldlyfall its called forge in halo 3 educate yourself

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

RolStoppable said:
What a terrible editorial. It's based on the assumption that gamers actually want usergenerated content, but in reality it is and will be nothing more than a niche market. It would be a mistake to keep throwing money at it in hopes that it someday takes off.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something that is rather similar to what's available on the Xbox 360 (i.e. Uncharted, Killzone) is a better option to invest in for Sony than games that are built on the premise of usergenerated content. The vast majority of gamers doesn't want to play amateur content.

This.

User-created content on consoles is simply pathetic.

Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:
What a terrible editorial. It's based on the assumption that gamers actually want usergenerated content, but in reality it is and will be nothing more than a niche market. It would be a mistake to keep throwing money at it in hopes that it someday takes off.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something that is rather similar to what's available on the Xbox 360 (i.e. Uncharted, Killzone) is a better option to invest in for Sony than games that are built on the premise of usergenerated content. The vast majority of gamers doesn't want to play amateur content.

This.

User-created content on consoles is simply pathetic.

I wouldn't say it's pathetic. It's just not a selling point for a game console.

nope the biggest mistake sony made was waiting for nintendo to move in the next gen handheld wars first and then taking even more time to even say a word! about it!
and then when they go launch in japan they have hardly any killer title that id want haha