By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles preorders are already at 70,000! Other Operation Rainfall games Coming to America now? <Update> Almost 200,000 now! How close were you? ;)

Went into Gamestop and told them to put me down for 10 dollars on Xenoblade. He then took a sec looking through the computer to ask me which system it was on. I was like Wii and he then said something like I thought so but not finding it (then he found it). Anyways, I believe this is the first preorder I've done since either Smash or Animal Crossing on the Wii.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
You did not pre-order Mario Kart 7?

How could this guy not know which system Xenoblade was on? Gameinformer people obviously are not informed.

If you think that's bad you should see the average person who work at stores selling games here in the U.K.  It's a pretty big generalisation, but from my own experience their gaming knowledge is limited to FIFA, CoD, Halo and GTA; I've also never ever met one who knows basically anything about Wii/DS/PSP.

My favourite experience, me buying Little King's Story on  PAL release day in April 2009 (I didn't preorder as I only got interested in the game following positive reviews just before the launch):

I walk to the till with my copy of the game, loyalty card and £40 cash

Female GAME employee: 'Is this game for a baby brother or sister?'

Me: Yes (I'm actually an only child, but I said yes so it wouldn't be awkward and to make it easier)

Female GAME employee: 'I guessed so, no "real gamer", or anyone above the age of 10 would want a game like this'

The worst thing is, similar things have happened at several other occasions too.  There was one time that I overheard an employee telling a middle aged woman that there was no such game as Nintendogs and that she must have got confused and meant 'Nintendo's Dogz' instead.  Also, there was the time when a customer asked whether the store had any copies of Mario Kart for the DS in stock and the employee responded by saying that there is no Mario Kart game for the DS, only the N64 and the Wii.  Seriously, I despair at them.

spurgeonryan said:
@ torillian

Did you agree with me in that post?

I would enjoy a proper list from oniyide that only shows games on the PS3.

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

H cont.

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

R

R cont.

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ok, I preordered 2 copies yesterday, one for me and one for a friend. Let's hope that all three games come to america.

spurgeonryan said:

I hope it does more than that! If all these games do well maybe Europe and America can continue to get imports all year long. Not sure if there are too many games we could import to Japan, but we certainly want a bunch of Japan only games.

Baby steps, one game with good sales can lead to 2 more, good sales for those can bring hope to other publishers, but there is a long way to go before more publishers try to take the risk.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

what do you think the sales would have to be of each of these games? To start out with I think 100,000 for xenoblade would get America The Last story. Then Last Story should not need too much, but it should do just as well I think.

I think preorders of 150k and/or 250k sales will bring The Last Story to America, and similar sales of that game can bring more later.

With the current pre-orders alone, the chances of this game sales being higher than Europe(or even Japan!) are second to none. The think the pre-orders will rise to 100,000 before the 5th week.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Come to think of it, if the sales are going to be higher than what's except, then the game should be one of the top 5 best selling RPGs on the Wii! Maybe more than Muramasa!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Come to think of it, if the sales are going to be higher than what's except, then the game should be one of the top 5 best selling RPGs on the Wii! Maybe more than Muramasa!

Muramasa wasnt a JRPG, but i agree with everything else

Pokemonbrawlvg said:

How much will it take to make it one of the top 5 best selling JRPGs on console this generation?