By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles preorders are already at 70,000! Other Operation Rainfall games Coming to America now? <Update> Almost 200,000 now! How close were you? ;)

Smeags said:
Hrm... I may buy it (despite not being a fan of most RPGs).

I've been burned by these "buy ____ Wii game" before (MadWorld, Conduit), but maybe the third time's the charm. Helps that people have already posted their praises about this game too.

Dude, do not worry. Xenoblade is a whole different ball game. It is beautiful, lovely, fun. I  put in 80 hours of wonder into it. Totally brilliant. Up there with the best of Wii games.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
lewisgerm said:

well excuse me for trying to utilize the tiniest bit of influence i have over the industry.

look, torillian, your set of values is a little different than mine, but that doesn't mean yours is right. microsoft and sony are nothing but LEECHES on this industry. they in no way care about the consumer as evidenced by their support of things like online pass and now locking out single player content for people who buy the game used is an ALL TIME LOW.

so, yes, i am going to try to screw these developers out of every new sale that i can. its the right thing to do.

Even if MS and Sony are leeches on the industry that still isn't a reason to hurt all the third parties.  That logic makes sense if you do it with first parties (still extremely petty) but you're doing it with every title on those platforms which means you're hurting a bunch of third party developers that have just chosen the wrong horse according to you, and that is despicable.  

I could come up with reasons Nintendo doesn't care about consumers.  Like making peripherals and then dumping them almost immediately with little to no software support, not caring about how consumers wanted an online experience (only basement dwelling nerds want that), and boning over Mother fans for years (yeah I'm still bitter) and recent NoA localization stupidity.  But with all that said even though Ninty isn't my favorite company in the world (and MS even less so since I haven't found enough of a reason to buy a console from them yet) I would never do something that directly harms them because I know that others like what they make and it's extremely self centered to think that the industry should bend to my will alone.  

bazmeistergen said:
Smeags said:
Hrm... I may buy it (despite not being a fan of most RPGs).

I've been burned by these "buy ____ Wii game" before (MadWorld, Conduit), but maybe the third time's the charm. Helps that people have already posted their praises about this game too.

Dude, do not worry. Xenoblade is a whole different ball game. It is beautiful, lovely, fun. I  put in 80 hours of wonder into it. Totally brilliant. Up there with the best of Wii games.

This! Very much this!

Hey, you think next generation we won't have to beg Nintendo to release certain games on their consoles anymore?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
Hey, you think next generation we won't have to beg Nintendo to release certain games on their consoles anymore?

keep dreaming, but hey, at least people will stop crying about X game not coming out on their system. Im gonna miss those crys personally.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
NightDragon83 said:

keep dreaming, but hey, at least people will stop crying about X game not coming out on their system. Im gonna miss those crys personally.

I think Reggie uses the tears of Ninty fanboys as the source of his powers haha.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Torillian said:
lewisgerm said:

well excuse me for trying to utilize the tiniest bit of influence i have over the industry.

look, torillian, your set of values is a little different than mine, but that doesn't mean yours is right. microsoft and sony are nothing but LEECHES on this industry. they in no way care about the consumer as evidenced by their support of things like online pass and now locking out single player content for people who buy the game used is an ALL TIME LOW.

so, yes, i am going to try to screw these developers out of every new sale that i can. its the right thing to do.

Even if MS and Sony are leeches on the industry that still isn't a reason to hurt all the third parties.  That logic makes sense if you do it with first parties (still extremely petty) but you're doing it with every title on those platforms which means you're hurting a bunch of third party developers that have just chosen the wrong horse according to you, and that is despicable.  

I could come up with reasons Nintendo doesn't care about consumers.  Like making peripherals and then dumping them almost immediately with little to no software support, not caring about how consumers wanted an online experience (only basement dwelling nerds want that), and boning over Mother fans for years (yeah I'm still bitter) and recent NoA localization stupidity.  But with all that said even though Ninty isn't my favorite company in the world (and MS even less so since I haven't found enough of a reason to buy a console from them yet) I would never do something that directly harms them because I know that others like what they make and it's extremely self centered to think that the industry should bend to my will alone.  

ill admit that you do have a point about third parties.. almost. while it would be great to hurt first parties, microsoft comes out with like.. no games, so there is not much i can do there. the main point is that i dont support developers making a game on a console that is here for no other reason than to make money off of and take advantage of other people's hard work.

seriously think about it though, microsoft has done nothing for this industry other than leech, they dont innovate or contribute anything to this industry. you may think what i do is wrong, but customers still have the option. if they say, 'no i want to buy this shitty game new,' i tell them ok, its going to be 64.24. so whatever.

as far as your complaints about nintendo, they do everything to make sure their customers are happy, and they do not screw us over. they dont lock out single player content, or make you pay extra fees to do anything. at least when NINTENDO makes a game, it is a complete experience. how messed up would it be if they took out a dungeon in skyward sword and then made you pay extra to play it. i would be so pissed off an my support for nintendo would drop in an instant.

lewisgerm said:

ill admit that you do have a point about third parties.. almost. while it would be great to hurt first parties, microsoft comes out with like.. no games, so there is not much i can do there. the main point is that i dont support developers making a game on a console that is here for no other reason than to make money off of and take advantage of other people's hard work.

seriously think about it though, microsoft has done nothing for this industry other than leech, they dont innovate or contribute anything to this industry. you may think what i do is wrong, but customers still have the option. if they say, 'no i want to buy this shitty game new,' i tell them ok, its going to be 64.24. so whatever.

as far as your complaints about nintendo, they do everything to make sure their customers are happy, and they do not screw us over. they dont lock out single player content, or make you pay extra fees to do anything. at least when NINTENDO makes a game, it is a complete experience. how messed up would it be if they took out a dungeon in skyward sword and then made you pay extra to play it. i would be so pissed off an my support for nintendo would drop in an instant.

Obviously MS contributed to the industry, online wouldn't be nearly what it is today without MS.  And then the First party games that they have like Halo and Fable which are loved by many.  

What MS and Sony first party games are you talking about that are missing single player content until you pay a fee?  Don't you have to pay extra to play Skyward Sword already because it requires an addon to play?  Why's that alright?

Torillian said:
lewisgerm said:

Obviously MS contributed to the industry, online wouldn't be nearly what it is today without MS.  And then the First party games that they have like Halo and Fable which are loved by many.  

What MS and Sony first party games are you talking about that are missing single player content until you pay a fee?  Don't you have to pay extra to play Skyward Sword already because it requires an addon to play?  Why's that alright?

there would still be online gaming. last gen, xbox was the only console with good online, but this gen, online would have been a natural progression. its obvious. we didnt need microsoft for that. yet people are still willing to pay them fifty dollars a year for nothing. whatever. the market is the market i guess so cant complain about that too much.

to tackle your second point, i do want to sell first party games used, and i do encourage it quite successfully, but you brought up third parties and how it doesnt follow that i would punish them for making a game on the 'wrong' console. but so many of them are now locking out single player content. i have not heard of microsoft supporting this directly, but i am sure they are up to no good. you know how they are. sony, i do remember them saying they were going to practice this, although i think they just recently said they werent, so who knows. third party games are doing this though, and i am not going to support them. i am going to screw them out of every single new sale i can.

last point about skyward sword. there is a key difference you are missing. skyward sword and nintendo are actually enhancing gameplay experience with the wii motion plus. not to mention all wiis sold for the past year to year and a half come with motion plus already. so many people already dont have to pay extra for it. on the other hand, these fuckers are claiming that your extra ten dollars are going to help them "enhance the online experience," which we all know is BULLSHIT. and this goes for every game that they decide to pull this with. nintendo and skyward sword are not trying to kill off the used market, so yes there is a HUGE difference. you cant tell me that you dont see it?

lewisgerm said:
Torillian said:

there would still be online gaming. last gen, xbox was the only console with good online, but this gen, online would have been a natural progression. its obvious. we didnt need microsoft for that. yet people are still willing to pay them fifty dollars a year for nothing. whatever. the market is the market i guess so cant complain about that too much.

to tackle your second point, i do want to sell first party games used, and i do encourage it quite successfully, but you brought up third parties and how it doesnt follow that i would punish them for making a game on the 'wrong' console. but so many of them are now locking out single player content. i have not heard of microsoft supporting this directly, but i am sure they are up to no good. you know how they are. sony, i do remember them saying they were going to practice this, although i think they just recently said they werent, so who knows. third party games are doing this though, and i am not going to support them. i am going to screw them out of every single new sale i can.

last point about skyward sword. there is a key difference you are missing. skyward sword and nintendo are actually enhancing gameplay experience with the wii motion plus. not to mention all wiis sold for the past year to year and a half come with motion plus already. so many people already dont have to pay extra for it. on the other hand, these fuckers are claiming that your extra ten dollars are going to help them "enhance the online experience," which we all know is BULLSHIT. and this goes for every game that they decide to pull this with. nintendo and skyward sword are not trying to kill off the used market, so yes there is a HUGE difference. you cant tell me that you dont see it?

So you punish all 3rd party developers because some do what Batman Arkham City did?  Because I can only really think of that one example.  Telling me that you're punishing NISA because of what Warner Bros. is doing?  And won't third parties do the exact same thing on Wii U once they have an online system capable of it?  

Alright so you have a reason to dislike what Sony does with the activation Fee for online, but I know for a fact you did this long before that was an issue so don't act like that's the reason you started this habbit.  

If Nintendo can charge extra for having a new control scheme why can't MS charge extra for having a fantastic online system.  Yeah Nintendo gives theirs away for free but it's nowhere near as feature laiden or general quality as MS's so that doesn't mean much.  Perhaps if Nintendo actually put that kind of effort into their online they'd charge for it too.