By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles preorders are already at 70,000! Other Operation Rainfall games Coming to America now? <Update> Almost 200,000 now! How close were you? ;)

ishiki said:
I'm skeptical about both xenoblade and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

I love xenoblade and really excited for XIII-2. But the fact that XIII-2 has more preorders than its original game hotly anticpated for five years, that was disliked by a fair margin of people doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless VGC was wrong with FFXIII preorders but not this.

Xenoblade, seems high, it's on the wii, only at gamespot, and the fact that xenosaga sold so poorly that makes me skeptical of that.

I agree, but if the estimates are off by 30% the numbers are still good for the kind of game it is.

Around the Network

I preordered Xenoblade Chronicles. I played the European version and thought it was pretty good. I'm not usually into such Japanese style RPGs, but there's just something about a story taking place on top and inside two giant mechs frozen in battle. I think it's great that Nintendo decided to bring it over, even though the market for such a game is limited and very niche.

I don't think Project Rainfall had anything to do with it. I think Nintendo looked at their calendar and realized they had nothing. So they just grabbed Xenoblade because it had a British localization and they figured that would be close enough and free is better than paying for a localization of anything else.

As for other Project Rainfall games, don't hold your breath. Nintendo doesn't sit around sorting through fan letters to decide what's best for their company. If they did that all we'd have are sequels to Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 3.

However, if Nintendo takes another look at their calendar and decides it's needs something, anything, to get them by before the Wii U hit's it's stride, we may see Last Story and Pandora Tower come over like Xenoblade did. But not because of Project Rainfall.

Soriku said:
ishiki said:
I'm skeptical about both xenoblade and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

I love xenoblade and really excited for XIII-2. But the fact that XIII-2 has more preorders than its original game hotly anticpated for five years, that was disliked by a fair margin of people doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless VGC was wrong with FFXIII preorders but not this.

Xenoblade, seems high, it's on the wii, only at gamespot, and the fact that xenosaga sold so poorly that makes me skeptical of that.

What Xenosaga sold shouldn't have any bearing on the sales of this game. But yeah, I'm wary of these preorders, but hopefully it does well.

I was wrong anyways because apparently VGC doesn't have US data for that. I was imagining things.

This topic needs some kind of update

Looks like Xenoblade may not be exclusive to Gamestop/EB games starting next week if what I received today from Video Games Plus (Canadian site) is true.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19956

I would have started a new thread about it but this site won't let me.

Around the Network

In other news it goes on sale today at 2:00 pm. I thought having a launch on Good Friday was a bit suspect.

http://www.ebgames.ca/wii/games/xenoblade-chronicles-available-april-5-2pm-est/312135

spurgeonryan said:
mothman said:

In other news it goes on sale today at 2:00 pm. I thought having a launch on Good Friday was a bit suspect.

http://www.ebgames.ca/wii/games/xenoblade-chronicles-available-april-5-2pm-est/312135

I do not understand. Why does it go on sale at 2pm? I have never stood in a line for a game so I would not know, but I would assume that it would just be when the store opened. Now it is passed that time, I would have liked to see if there was a line.

No idea what is so magic about 2:00 pm. I am going to wait and pick up mine on Sunday. I'll be away all weekend so no point in getting it now.

mothman said:
spurgeonryan said:
mothman said:

I do not understand. Why does it go on sale at 2pm? I have never stood in a line for a game so I would not know, but I would assume that it would just be when the store opened. Now it is passed that time, I would have liked to see if there was a line.

No idea what is so magic about 2:00 pm. I am going to wait and pick up mine on Sunday. I'll be away all weekend so no point in getting it now.

And it was 2:00 pm. I have my copy and my preorder art book (such as it is) in hand.