By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita freezes, touch screen problems reported, YouTube videos show system lock-ups non-responsive touch controls

Around the Network
TWRoO said:

Weren't the first 500k NES systems recalled by Nintendo for some reason? (given they had to recall them it must have been a major issue)

Possibly....but I was probably 9 or 10 years old at the time......I was also a terrible liar so anything I remember from that time, I just assume was a lie.

spurgeonryan said:
d21lewis said:
Same as the old PSP with reports of dead pixels, analog issues, and the Square button sticking. It's to be expected with a console launch and is another reason why many people wait before buying a new console. Since the arrival of the disc based systems, I can remember:

360: RRoD, System overheating, adapter actually burning
PS3: YLoD, Bricking, HDD issues
PSP: Dead Pixels, bricking after updates, square button sticking
3DS: Top screen scratching, loose hinges
DS Lite: Hinge cracking
DS: Hinge breaking
PS2: Disc Read Error, couldn't read many DVD's
PS1: Spindel would fall off, weak motor for spinning discs
Xbox: Would brick, HDD issues
GBA: Would get drunk and gamble away its paycheck
Dreamcast: Liked to hide in the closet and watch his wife have sex with other men

So the PSV having problems is no big deal. It's just the way things are. Cars, TV's, Phones, Computers, Clothes, --you name it and there's some percentage of defects.

I like how you have no Nintendo consoles on that list. Why? Because I still have my 64 and use it daily! The original one! My Wii has hit the floor countless times, My GC never had a problem, SNES lasted for 7 years, NES was originally stolen after 3.

The DS did have a dingy dark screen problem a few times though. My phone used to have phantom fingers when I first bought it where buttons would just press like crazy!

Nintendo is the only one with a seal of quality. There`s no competition in this sector, the Nintendo home consoles are  indestructible.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

Reviews on Amazon Japan are favorable with 4/5 stars.
This must be affecting a small number of Vitas.

The first PS2 had a serious disc scratching problem. All of my dorm-mates discs had beautiful rings etched in each of his games. I can't remember how many times he bought Tekken-Tag due to the issue.

Around the Network

Oh well, at least if it is bad the Japanese will bare the brunt for us westerners

fmjasinski said:
spurgeonryan said:
d21lewis said:
Same as the old PSP with reports of dead pixels, analog issues, and the Square button sticking. It's to be expected with a console launch and is another reason why many people wait before buying a new console. Since the arrival of the disc based systems, I can remember:

Dreamcast: Liked to hide in the closet and watch his wife have sex with other men

So the PSV having problems is no big deal. It's just the way things are. Cars, TV's, Phones, Computers, Clothes, --you name it and there's some percentage of defects.

I like how you have no Nintendo consoles on that list. Why? Because I still have my 64 and use it daily! The original one! My Wii has hit the floor countless times, My GC never had a problem, SNES lasted for 7 years, NES was originally stolen after 3.

The DS did have a dingy dark screen problem a few times though. My phone used to have phantom fingers when I first bought it where buttons would just press like crazy!

Nintendo is the only one with a seal of quality. There`s no competition in this sector, the Nintendo home consoles are  indestructible.

Gamecube was the ultimate in this regard (vid in Spanish):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVRJtqPRZhQ

It's broken in half and still turns on!

badgenome said:

Well put.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

kowenicki said:

Shit happens. Failure rates of a few % are to be expected. Nothing to see, unless it becomes more widespread.

(I'd just ask sony fans to remember the above sentence next time Ninty or MS hardware has issues)

Well, as long as the failure rates don't rise to ~33% or so, then we will remember. 

d21lewis said:

While it is no longer an issue, when the Wii was first released Nintendo made a mistake that caused the GPU to fry. I know this because it happened to mine and they told me what the cause was.

When the Wii was in standby mode the fan does not run. Normally this would not become an issue, however, if you had WiiConnect24 enabled and your Wii was sitting in standby the system would heat up from the use of the WiFi and it fried the GPU.

I think it was fixed in a firmware update, but I am not sure when the update came that fixed it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!