By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sherlock Holmes 2 was Great!

Tagged games:

I wanted to see it this weekend but ill have to wait. regardless it looks great.

Around the Network

Thanks for letting me know it's good, the first one was really a unsuspected happy suprise for me, can't wait to watch this one soon. :)

I still haven't seen the first one. I still have trouble sitting down to watch a Sherlock Holmes movie that I know includes explosions and an American guy playing Holmes. I guess that I'm one of those guys that will never get tired of the Basil Rathbone movies. I like starting sentences with the word I.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Last time I checked it has about a 60% rating on Rotten Tomatoes... just keeping fresh. I think that is around or maybe a tiny bit less than the first one. It had a MUCH smaller opening than the first movie, which could be worrisome to producers and the studio, but should hold well and make it's money back over the Xmas weeks. I'll see it at some point. RDJr said he was embarrassed that his wife saw him cross dressing in it. hahaha :p

I was going to see it this weekend, but decided to spend my money on Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in Imax (released it only in I-Max, first... lame) but that movie was awesome so money well spent. (currently 95% on RT).

It also had the new trailer for the new Batman movie, which drew an applause from the audience ... weird. But awesome.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Jexy said:
Last time I checked it has about a 60% rating on Rotten Tomatoes... just keeping fresh. I think that is around or maybe a tiny bit less than the first one. It had a MUCH smaller opening than the first movie, which could be worrisome to producers and the studio, but should hold well and make it's money back over the Xmas weeks. I'll see it at some point. RDJr said he was embarrassed that his wife saw him cross dressing in it. hahaha :p

I was going to see it this weekend, but decided to spend my money on Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in Imax (released it only in I-Max, first... lame) but that movie was awesome so money well spent. (currently 95% on RT).

It also had the new trailer for the new Batman movie, which drew an applause from the audience ... weird. But awesome.

I saw Mi4 too this weekend and set pieces were amazing but story was borderline rediculous. The whole thing with his wife and Croatia/Serbia conflict (which apparetly still rages in 2011) and connection with that new guy on his team was laughable. Not to mention that the main villan was just not very smart for someone who was billed an genius.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I was a little perturbed when I found out that Ghost Protocol was only at IMAX. I was happy that there was a reason it only pushed out 13 million or so at the boxoffice, but I wanted to see it. Oh well, forget rotten tomatoes, if you enjoyed the first one this one will make you smile! Moriarty was very devious in this flick! I actually did not think Holmes would be a match for him at all!

Yeah so was I.  I was all prepared to go see it at my local theater in Scottsdale, AZ then my friend said he's seeing next week (he lives in Columbia, SC) because that's when it comes out there (No Imax) but I had already told my fiance that we were seeing it and she was excited so I found an Imax theater in Phoenix that wasn't too far, like 15 min, so we went there instead.  The regular non imax comes out next weekend.  I think they wanted to do some word of mouth thing or something... not sure, but it came near records for per theater $ amount so that's good since it was only at a few hundred theaters.

Yeah, I liked the first one more than the ratings gave it credit for.  Plus RDJ and Law have good chemistry so that's always good.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

disolitude said:

I saw Mi4 too this weekend and set pieces were amazing but story was borderline rediculous. The whole thing with his wife and Croatia/Serbia conflict (which apparetly still rages in 2011) and connection with that new guy on his team was laughable. Not to mention that the main villan was just not very smart for someone who was billed an genius.

The whole point of MI movies are the ridiculous storylines... this one wasn't that crazy though.  Have you seen the previous ones?  Also, it's set in the real world, but not necessarily set in OUR real world.  Since you know, we don't have that organization with us.  And the main villain was also crazy as they pointed out.  Crazy smart guys always lose.  Just look at how many times Superman foils Lex Luthor :p

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Jexy said:
disolitude said:

The whole point of MI movies are the ridiculous storylines... this one wasn't that crazy though.  Have you seen the previous ones?  Also, it's set in the real world, but not necessarily set in OUR real world.  Since you know, we don't have that organization with us.  And the main villain was also crazy as they pointed out.  Crazy smart guys always lose.  Just look at how many times Superman foils Lex Luthor :p

hehe, yeah looking back at part 1 and 2...sure, those were completely bonkers regarding story.

But part 3 was going for a very realistic and gritty approach. The villain in part 3 was quite good and effective as he was believable. MI4 is a step back to parts 1 and 2 with almost 007 like story. It wasn't bad but not sure why rotten tomatoes would go crazy for this movie like that. I'm guessing a lot of 2.5 or 3 out of 4 reviews ...

disolitude said:

hehe, yeah looking back at part 1 and 2...sure, those were completely bonkers regarding story.

But part 3 was going for a very realistic and gritty approach. The villain in part 3 was quite good and effective as he was believable. MI4 is a step back to parts 1 and 2 with almost 007 like story. It wasn't bad but not sure why rotten tomatoes would go crazy for this movie like that. I'm guessing a lot of 2.5 or 3 out of 4 reviews ...

I thought it was a pretty good movie, and I guess they agree since that's why they are voting.  It has 100% from top critics as well, which is unusual.  And it's a bit under 8/10 so... well I guess any movie can't please everyone :p

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

spurgeonryan said:

Number 1 was good, probably because it was the 90's and it was a lot of fun back then! The second was just too far out there. Fake Karate, bikes and bodies crashing in mid air, boring-ish plot, etc.

The 3 one was close to my favorite of the three. Great story! Exciting. Not too much crazy make believe stuff. (not too much I said)

I cannot wait for 4, especially since my most trusted EW.com gave it an A

Half, if not more of that make believe stuff ends up becoming real a decade or so later anyway.  Technology is funnnnn

BOOM!  FACE KICK!