By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sherlock Holmes 2 was Great!

Tagged games:

Jexy said:
disolitude said:

I saw Mi4 too this weekend and set pieces were amazing but story was borderline rediculous. The whole thing with his wife and Croatia/Serbia conflict (which apparetly still rages in 2011) and connection with that new guy on his team was laughable. Not to mention that the main villan was just not very smart for someone who was billed an genius.

The whole point of MI movies are the ridiculous storylines... this one wasn't that crazy though.  Have you seen the previous ones?  Also, it's set in the real world, but not necessarily set in OUR real world.  Since you know, we don't have that organization with us.  And the main villain was also crazy as they pointed out.  Crazy smart guys always lose.  Just look at how many times Superman foils Lex Luthor :p

hehe, yeah looking back at part 1 and 2...sure, those were completely bonkers regarding story.

But part 3 was going for a very realistic and gritty approach. The villain in part 3 was quite good and effective as he was believable. MI4 is a step back to parts 1 and 2 with almost 007 like story. It wasn't bad but not sure why rotten tomatoes would go crazy for this movie like that. I'm guessing a lot of 2.5 or 3 out of 4 reviews ...

Around the Network
disolitude said:

hehe, yeah looking back at part 1 and 2...sure, those were completely bonkers regarding story.

But part 3 was going for a very realistic and gritty approach. The villain in part 3 was quite good and effective as he was believable. MI4 is a step back to parts 1 and 2 with almost 007 like story. It wasn't bad but not sure why rotten tomatoes would go crazy for this movie like that. I'm guessing a lot of 2.5 or 3 out of 4 reviews ...

I thought it was a pretty good movie, and I guess they agree since that's why they are voting.  It has 100% from top critics as well, which is unusual.  And it's a bit under 8/10 so... well I guess any movie can't please everyone :p

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

disolitude said:
Jexy said:
disolitude said:

I saw Mi4 too this weekend and set pieces were amazing but story was borderline rediculous. The whole thing with his wife and Croatia/Serbia conflict (which apparetly still rages in 2011) and connection with that new guy on his team was laughable. Not to mention that the main villan was just not very smart for someone who was billed an genius.

The whole point of MI movies are the ridiculous storylines... this one wasn't that crazy though.  Have you seen the previous ones?  Also, it's set in the real world, but not necessarily set in OUR real world.  Since you know, we don't have that organization with us.  And the main villain was also crazy as they pointed out.  Crazy smart guys always lose.  Just look at how many times Superman foils Lex Luthor :p

Number 1 was good, probably because it was the 90's and it was a lot of fun back then! The second was just too far out there. Fake Karate, bikes and bodies crashing in mid air, boring-ish plot, etc.

The 3 one was close to my favorite of the three. Great story! Exciting. Not too much crazy make believe stuff. (not too much I said)

I cannot wait for 4, especially since my most trusted EW.com gave it an A

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:

Number 1 was good, probably because it was the 90's and it was a lot of fun back then! The second was just too far out there. Fake Karate, bikes and bodies crashing in mid air, boring-ish plot, etc.

The 3 one was close to my favorite of the three. Great story! Exciting. Not too much crazy make believe stuff. (not too much I said)

Half, if not more of that make believe stuff ends up becoming real a decade or so later anyway.  Technology is funnnnn

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Jexy said:
spurgeonryan said:

Half, if not more of that make believe stuff ends up becoming real a decade or so later anyway.  Technology is funnnnn

For example (in agreeance)(spelled correctly?) in Minority report Thomas Cruise Meriwheather IV was working with that touch screen thing to find future crimes. Now everything is touch screen!

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Jexy said:

For example (in agreeance)(spelled correctly?) in Minority report Thomas Cruise Meriwheather IV was working with that touch screen thing to find future crimes. Now everything is touch screen!

People were laughing at how all the different aliens talk to eachother in Mass Effect (explained by a translator built into all armor/clothes)... turns out we ALREADY have that technology and are USING it! 

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

did'nt really care for the first one,I'll wait until this one comes out on dvd to watch it.

The first one at least (and I suspect the second one too) was not really a Sherlock Holmes movie at all, it was an action movie with names of characters from Sherlock Holmes stuck on. Still it was enjoyable enough, I was just dissapointed because it wasn't very clever.

Luckily Sherlock came out not long after and that was pure awesome.

oldschoolfool said:
did'nt really care for the first one,I'll wait until this one comes out on dvd to watch it.

This has more action so if that was what was missing for you in the first one you will like this more. If that was not what was missing for you then you may like this less, although I really think Sherlock had a hard time this go around.

It looks like a good movie and I enjoyed part 1 a lot, I'll see the new one in due time.