By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Software Sales (Updated March 2013)

wow kinect games sell alot more than i thought

Around the Network

Decided to do another update. 2/3 of the year is over.

Kinect Sports Season Two broke 2 million sales.

real nice work putting all that info together like that, it's nice to see the game I always recommend as the best of what kinect can do down in 10th spot in the "better with kinect" heh, seriously tho if you own a kinect and haven't played child of eden with it you are missing out on more than a game but missing out on an experience being honest, it's that damn good.
Funny to see that steel battalion even made the list with a single sale, games with that precise motions needed are far better suited to the wii being honest, pulling open latches or tapping buttons works with the remote, kinect just owns for games where it needs a general tracking of where your whole body is. Great lil piece of kit.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Kinect is a BEAST!

Updated with September & October sales.

Around the Network

This should get interesting again soon

Updated with pre Christmas numbers.

An article about it can be found here:
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250631/kinect-hardware-and-software-sales-pre-christmas-roundup/

Highlights:

- The last 4 months of 2012 (without the last 3 December weeks) saw just as much Kinect purchases as the first 8 months.
- Just Dance 4 and Dance Central 3 start decent, but much weaker than last year
- Fable The Journey pretty much bombs
- Kinect Star Wars and Kinect Disneyland Adventures (heavily bundled) break the million milestone, while Kinect Sports (bundled) broke 5 million sales

Updated !

Added 2nd half of December, January and February data.

- Kinect Sports over 5.5m
- Kinect Disneyland Adventures over 2m
- Just Dance 4 & The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout over 750k
- Dance Central 3 & Wipeout In the Zone over 500k each

Expected million sellers for this year:
- Just Dance 4
- Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013
- Sonic Free Riders

Next update won't be before October.