By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Software Sales (Updated March 2013)

Seece said:
Barozi said:
Okay so with MS announcing Kinect shipments to be over 18m, this thread could very well be outdated when (if) we get the next adjustments.
Thinking that overall software will rise as well and not just the Kinect Adventures sales.

Still going biweekly from now on. However, I'm going to list all adjustments which shouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately we didn't get Kinect SW adjustments last year when Kinect Wwas undertracked. Think that's cos SW isn't based on Kinect HW sales rates, rather their own data. So makes sense they won't be adjusted.

really depends IMO if Kinect was undertracked during this holiday season or already before.
I mean the numbers must make a certain amount of sense and especially the smaller ones below 300k are hard to track, so I wouldn't be surprised if ioi used a certain percental increase pattern for them.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Seece said:
Barozi said:
Okay so with MS announcing Kinect shipments to be over 18m, this thread could very well be outdated when (if) we get the next adjustments.
Thinking that overall software will rise as well and not just the Kinect Adventures sales.

Still going biweekly from now on. However, I'm going to list all adjustments which shouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately we didn't get Kinect SW adjustments last year when Kinect Wwas undertracked. Think that's cos SW isn't based on Kinect HW sales rates, rather their own data. So makes sense they won't be adjusted.

really depends IMO if Kinect was undertracked during this holiday season or already before.
I mean the numbers must make a certain amount of sense and especially the smaller ones below 300k are hard to track, so I wouldn't be surprised if ioi used a certain percental increase pattern for them.

I really think MS should be made to release SW shipment info, we could be off either way pretty bad given they don't give anything away in that regard, not very helpful of them is it. With that said, hopefully they reveal something like 'Kinects attach rate has hit 3.5, or something.

That would be quite useful.

Anyway I haven't played it yet, but I've seen that "Puss in Boots" has 2 really good reviews. Both claiming that the game is pretty short, but also that Kinect has been integrated VERY well and that the game is fun.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/puss-in-boots

Just to give a better insight into the games I'm listing here. I'd buy it when it gets cheaper.

Puss in Boots is a decent game, but rather short. Not worth full retail.

First adjusments are in.

Before:

Requires Kinect Sensor 10th Dec 17th Dec 24th Dec 31st Dec Total
1. Kinect Adventures!
611,146 772,957
1,010,053 471,873 15,420,728

After:

1. Kinect Adventures!
712,505 899,371 1,175,763 537,975 15,945,758

Still a huge gap to "over 18m" Kinects shipped. That's why I said first adjustment.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

First adjusments are in.

Before:

1. Kinect Adventures!
611,146 772,957
1,010,053 471,873 15,420,728

After:

1. Kinect Adventures!
712,505 899,371 1,175,763 537,975 15,945,758

Still a huge gap to "over 18m" Kinects shipped. That's why I said first adjustment.

New adjustments !

1. Kinect Adventures!
581,546 738,334 964,979 460,425 15,323,866

Updated folks.

Quite a few adjusments (mostly downwards), but only a few 10k over the Christmas persiod except for Halo CA and Just Dance 3 which I think were adjusted by 100k or more.

You can add half million Fruit Ninja Kinect copies sold to that list.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/08/fruit-ninja-kinect-sells-a-half-million-copies-jetpack-joyride/

Feels like an eternity, but I updated the OP.

Kinect hits 19m worldwide:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2012/05/29/xbox-beyond-the-box.aspx

Still selling well then ^^, not a fan of the product but Microsoft certainly turned it into a revenue stream.