By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Console Graphics King

Tagged games:

not sure why thread. how many threads do you need to tell us that uncharted 3 is the best looking which everyone knows?

i open next thread: "green cars are green" haha

@worldlyfall

i believe he's talking about consoles because nothing looks like pc games. ultra settings are crazy in some games and with mods you get the games even better looking.

not to forget about the higer ressolution with a 2560x1600 monitor or so i say wohooo!

just an example for a skyrim mod:

ok not so impressive as small pic but this looks still better than any console ground and this is only skyrim.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
disolitude said:
osamanobama said:
ZaneWane said:
crysis 2 still the king

it was never the best graphics on console... never.

its not even in the top 5 console graphics

You've spent at least 100 post on here making this same point over and over yet you've never pointed out the fact its is AI broken as is the level design. Just strange you would focusso much on Crysis 2s graphics when the game has much bigger problems...

are you kidding? i always mention how gosh awful Crysis 2 AI, infact i usually make that part of my argument on why Crysis 2 isnt nearly as good as him and site like ign make it seem. Crysis 2 had to sacrifice so much to make the graphics good, AI, anti ailising, frame rate, pop in etc. they made so many comprimises.

i have stated many times that the AI lacks any semblance to the "I" part. running into walls, cars, not acknowlegding me when i shoot them in the face, jump around inches in front of them. worst AI ever, and it got a pass on it. i sure hope the AI was better on the PC.

i never mentioned level design because i never felt it was particularly bad

Fair enough. Your "graphics are not very good" posts stick out much more lol.

And yes I completely agree about everything you said about AI and being as bad as it is due to graphics using up 95% of the available resources.

As far as level design, I guess nothing is really broken with it, but comparing it to Crysis 1 which flows beautifully it really seems all chopped up and well...broken.

Sorry but MGS4 never had the best graphics for a console game. Many of the textures were so low res they were down right ugly.

badgenome said:
*Ctrl + F*

"Find: selnor"

"Phrase not found."

*leaves thread*

HAHA AWESOME:

I recently realized that VGC would've been a heluva lot more boring if him and Nsanity weren't doing their thing.

bouzane said:
Sorry but MGS4 never had the best graphics for a console game. Many of the textures were so low res they were down right ugly.

in 2008, the only console game that i can think of that had better graphics was Uncharted 1

Around the Network
bouzane said:

WHY DOES NO ONE EVER MENTION THE SHADOWS!!?

AAAaaaaaaarrgghhh!

osamanobama said:
bouzane said:

in 2008, the only console game that i can think of that had better graphics was Uncharted 1

I'd say at least 10% of the console games on the market in 2008 looked better than this:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=metal+gear+solid+4+low+res+texture&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&biw=1600&bih=1071&tbm=isch&tbnid=WJg3E1x4N70FTM:&imgrefurl=http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26571180/vice-best-looking-game-at-the-moment%3Fpage%3D3&docid=5C8nn4TjIs9knM&imgurl=http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/734/734423/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20061007033915457_640w.jpg&w=640&h=360&ei=DJnrTvDWMMWKgwfA3IXFAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=178&vpy=176&dur=408&hovh=168&hovw=300&tx=249&ty=120&sig=102691083608565280774&page=1&tbnh=122&tbnw=216&start=0&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

@Dr.Grass

Thanks for reminding me of the extremely poor light rendering. How on Earth do I forget shadows that look like they could cut you?

bouzane said:
osamanobama said:
bouzane said:

I'd say at least 10% of the console games on the market in 2008 looked better than this:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=metal+gear+solid+4+low+res+texture&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&biw=1600&bih=1071&tbm=isch&tbnid=WJg3E1x4N70FTM:&imgrefurl=http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26571180/vice-best-looking-game-at-the-moment%3Fpage%3D3&docid=5C8nn4TjIs9knM&imgurl=http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/734/734423/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20061007033915457_640w.jpg&w=640&h=360&ei=DJnrTvDWMMWKgwfA3IXFAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=178&vpy=176&dur=408&hovh=168&hovw=300&tx=249&ty=120&sig=102691083608565280774&page=1&tbnh=122&tbnw=216&start=0&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

@Dr.Grass

Thanks for reminding me of the extremely poor light rendering. How on Earth do I forget shadows that look like they could cut you?

it did win most of the graphics of the year award.

yeah it had its flaws, but i could just as easily post pictures of it looking better than 99.9% of games out there now. you can always find images that make it look crappy.

im not saying it looks near the best by todays standards, but in 2008 not many, if any games looked better than it. like i said Uncahrted Drake's Fortune is the only one i can think of.

Don't shoot the messenger! XD

I agree on MGS4 having terrible textures but that didn't stop it from being awarded with a butt ton of graphics awards and for its year I believe it was the most outstanding game. I was truly wow'd for the first time by this game (I admit it, I played UC1 in 2009 *Cries* XD). That picture is HORRIBLE though and I have completed MGS4 14 times, not once did it look ..like that XD.

In all fairness though; MGS4 was the game that for me personally (I remember being blown away) did these amazing.. levels quite similar to Uncharteds set pieces in a way and also had one particular amazing thing: Character models.

Snake looked so alive in my opinion and considering the game has ..a lot of cutscenes (RIGHT? :D) I can understand why it won.

great the graphics were alright hopefully they do something about the crappy sound fx and jittery animations