By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your definition of a Casual Gamer?

ca-su-al gam-er

n.

1. A term often used to describe someone who isn't interested in is obviously too stupid to appreciate linear cinematic experiences and next-gen shadow effects or memorize convoluted game mechanics in a condescending manner.

2. A pointless label.

Around the Network

People who know that there are more important things in life.... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

A casual gamer is someone who isn't big into gaming. Meaning they will play here and there and don't really anticipate many games. What type of games/consoles they play doesn't really have anything to do with if they are a casual or not.

Casual gamers do anticipate certain games like a Halo game or a COD game.

Not by the games they play but how much they know about the industry. You get casuals playing all types of games, and vice verser for the 'hardcore'

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
Korppi said:

ca-su-al gam-er

n.

1. A term often used to describe someone who isn't interested in is obviously too stupid to appreciate linear cinematic experiences and next-gen shadow effects or memorize convoluted game mechanics in a condescending manner.

2. A pointless label.

I like you. We should make out some time.

I lol'd

A casual gamer is simply someone who doesn't spend all that much time playing games. Twice a week, or just half an hour at a time.

That makes it easy to define casual games. Games that are easy to pick up and play in small amounts at a time.
Games like CoD and Halo are both casual and hardcore. Casual gamers are happy with the single player, not too long, easy to pick up an continue. They won't touch online multiplayer (not much anyway) which is for the hardcore.

someone with a life. lol

Someone who only plays COD and FIFA/Madden and claims to be an Avid Gamer ¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

How has DMX not been permabanned yet? Saying the Wii and 360 are casual systems is idiotic. It's like someone saying Ps3 is only good for watching Blu-ray movies. It's a complete lie.