By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your definition of a Casual Gamer?

TSIA.All I want to know is what is your take on the Casual Gamer scene.What do you call a casual gamer.

My opinion on a casual gamer is someone who games on one console and or just plays the same games over and over again constantly.

In additon,they play the same generic FPS never changing the game genre and yep those are the people you see on PSN and XBL playing CoD:MW3 all day long.Without even bothering to change it up a little.

Around the Network

COD and fifa.
+ the people who only play browser games or the odd nintendo game.

Someone who games only a few times in a month and plays only the popular titles on the popular platforms.

Someone who isn't -that- into gaming, but still enjoys it. They don't go out of there way to buy a game, or save up for one. And I doubt they would be apart of this website either.

Which, a console does NOT put someone in a certain category! I love my Wii to death and in no way am I a casual gamer. I suggest watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VqgZEF8D1U That's exactly how I feel =D

Someone who plays games with no dedication

You can play farmville hardcore for example, and play Demon Souls casually

Around the Network
x_DMX_x said:

TSIA.All I want to know is what is your take on the Casual Gamer scene.What do you call a casual gamer.

My opinion on a casual gamer is someone who games on one console and or just plays the same games over and over again constantly.

In additon,they play the same generic FPS never changing the game genre and yep those are the peeple you see on PSN and XBL playing CoD:MW3 all day long.Without even bothering to change it up a little.

@Bolded Wow! I'm a casual gamer!  Is it bad to be a addticted  to certain games and want to extend the value of our games?

@Underline
I know a lot of caual gamers then 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to extend the value of this post by making it a 2 post for the price of one post deal!

I believe causual gamers are people who play games lightly. Of course you can be a hardcore tetris player by playing lots of tetris. So caual gamer in general doesn't really exist. So my definition

There is no such thing*

*Minus people who play little bit of games at all

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

A casual gamer is someone who takes gaming very lightly, and he/she wouldn't be that affected if they were to not play games at all. You know the ones that play flash games and PC/handheld games for an hour/week.

If someone plays games everyday/frequently then they are not casual at all.

Exactly how I felt when I read that, I was like "Wha? Can't we just be a Fanboy?" Lol!  And now I know; my brother is, in fact, a casual gamer ;D

killeryoshis said:
x_DMX_x said:

In additon,they play the same generic FPS never changing the game genre and yep those are the peeple you see on PSN and XBL playing CoD:MW3 all day long.Without even bothering to change it up a little.

@Bolded Wow! I'm a casual gamer!  Is it bad to be a addticted  to certain games and want to extend the value of our games?

@Underline
I know a lot of caual gamers then 

Exactly how I felt when I read that, I was like "Wha? Can't we just be a Fanboy?" Lol!  And now I know; my brother is, in fact, a casual gamer ;D

NintendoPie said:
Someone who isn't -that- into gaming, but still enjoys it. They don't go out of there way to buy a game, or save up for one. And I doubt they would be apart of this website either.

Which, a console does NOT put someone in a certain category! I love my Wii to death and in no way am I a casual gamer. I suggest watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VqgZEF8D1U That's exactly how I feel =D

Don't take this the wrong way,but if you remember my other post or topic I statted Nintendo and Microsoft have gone casual because hey let's face it they're making children games right now.

Example:Kinect Disneyland adventures REALLY???Well all know how Nintendo has become casual,but that's just MY opinion.

The reason why I am mostly gaming on PS3 is because Sony has never went casual yes the Move may be casual,BUT it supports hardcore games like Killzone 3,Heavy Rain,Resistance.This is just my opinion though.