By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America+ UK Charts up!

kowenicki said:
Awesome 360 numbers again... but then its the holidays, thats how it is.

anyone know how to do YOY easily now? without having to click backwards 52 times?

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons[]=Wii&cons[]=PS3&cons[]=X360&cons[]=PSP&cons[]=DS&reg[]=America&reg[]=UK&start=40524&end=40524

Though it's 'America', not sure if they mean Americas or USA.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Those are strange adjustments.

Why is the 360 down? Why was the Wii down by only that much, if PS3 was adjusted up by so much?

And what the hell caused the Wii boost this Week?

Troll_Whisperer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Uncharted 3 adjusted up about 200,000 in the running total, but the global total remains identical when it should be around 2.4m-ish?

PS3 adjusted up and once Europe and Japan are up the YTD gap should be back to 1.1-1.2m, with two weeks left before xmas, hmmm... Did MS mention anything about being no.1 WW this year in their last NPD PR? I think it's still possible but it has become more unlikely now. Perhaps shipped numbers.

Anyway, if USA numbers were this off who knows how EMEAA numbers will be, the holiday period is crazy. So we won't know for sure until the big 3 release their quarterly numbers I think.

the voice of reason. have you considered changing your name? anyway, what are you expecting for Europe?

I am not expecting anything in particular tbh. It's just that if they can be tens of thousands of units off in their best tracked region, the rest could potentially be very off. Usually the PS3 is the most undertracked one in EMEAA, though that doesn't necessarily mean it'll also be the case this time.

And thanks guys for the replys to my question.

yea expect adjustments(even made some myself lol) (PS3 mainly) aswell. if MS is going to win this yr., then there last shot is Christmas wk., cause right nw it doesn't seem doable.  you've made sense since your first post, so why wouldn't anyone reply to you lol?

keep trainning them, cause there's more work to be done lol.

Zelda SS just shows that the Wii is no longer a viable platform for traditional games, even when those games use motion controls.
The 3DS remake of OoT will soon pass SS. Nintendo, how about launching the WiiU sooner, please...
BTW, is it just me or naming the next console "Wii"U seems more and more like a bad choice?

zhao3gold said:
I think MS used to have the chance to be the WW#1 of 2011 but they lost the chance due to SONY dropped the retail price of PS3 in August. If we check the shipment figure, after Q2 of 2011, XBOX360 still took the lead. But SONY shipped 3.8M in Q3 while MS only shipped 2.3M in Q3. This completely changed the situation and made PS3 take the lead again. For Q4, I estimate the shipment figure of PS3 and XBOX360 will be on par. So total shipment figure of PS3 will be more than XBOX360 in 2011.

Yes, I am talking about the shipment figure, not sold through numbers. For the manufacturers, shipment figure is way more important to indicate the hardwares sales.

very reasonable.

Around the Network

So, Uncharted 3 was undertracked for bundles, what about Fable 3?

Its seens odd to me that +70% 360s sold were Kinect bundle.

Carl2291 said:
Those are strange adjustments.

Why is the 360 down? Why was the Wii down by only that much, if PS3 was adjusted up by so much?

And what the hell caused the Wii boost this Week?

Nintendo holiday magic. Even last year X360 sold more during November in US but in December Wii pulled ahead. This year obviously Wii will not pull ahead as difference was so big but I guess the two will be closer than they were in November.

kowenicki said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
kowenicki said:
Awesome 360 numbers again... but then its the holidays, thats how it is.

anyone know how to do YOY easily now? without having to click backwards 52 times?

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons[]=Wii&cons[]=PS3&cons[]=X360&cons[]=PSP&cons[]=DS®[]=America®[]=UK&start=40524&end=40524

Though it's 'America', not sure if they mean Americas or USA.

The tables are wrong at the minute so we cant use them.

I dont get why the ability to select a week from a drop down list has been removed from the regional weekly charts page???

I noticed there were no tables available for the past four weeks but I didn't know they were all wrong. Kind of annoying then.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Can someone explain why the 360 was adjusted down when NPD clearly had it slightly higher than vgchartz. Just seems kind of odd.

Seems that PS3 price cut wasn't really useful at all.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.