By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America+ UK Charts up!

ethomaz said:
All adjustments made in US (NPD November).

PS3 up 133,956

PSP down 295
360 down 15,573
3DS down 51,806
Wii down 53,289
DS down 86,480

Holidays is a funny period.

correct me if i'm wrong but between the 3DS and DS didn't NPD show we had one over and the other undertracked??  i'm confused as to why both were adjusted down...

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

thx1139 said:

Just increasing it at the same rate as last year.

I know but this week had bundles and promotions for PS3 in Europe... the software and hardware is UP in UK due that... so I expected the same in others countries.

7-12% over your numbers.

PS3 is down 7K YoY in UK this week. Have been hearing about bundles in Europe since black friday week.

This year 55,275

Last year 62,953

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

kitler53 said:
ethomaz said:

PS3 up 133,956

PSP down 295
360 down 15,573
3DS down 51,806
Wii down 53,289
DS down 86,480

correct me if i'm wrong but between the 3DS and DS didn't NPD show we had one over and the other undertracked??  i'm confused as to why both were adjusted down...

all ninty hw were over

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

kitler53 said:
ethomaz said:

PS3 up 133,956

PSP down 295
360 down 15,573
3DS down 51,806
Wii down 53,289
DS down 86,480

VGC to NPD.

Wii: 1,035k -> 860k (over)
3DS: 908k -> 795k (over)
DS: 455k -> 350k (over)

360: 1,671k -> 1,700k (on spot/little under)
PS3:  733k -> 900k (under)

Edit - beaten by @M.U.G.E.N.

thx1139 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Uncharted 3 adjusted up about 200,000 in the running total, but the global total remains identical when it should be around 2.4m-ish?

PS3 adjusted up and once Europe and Japan are up the YTD gap should be back to 1.1-1.2m, with two weeks left before xmas, hmmm... Did MS mention anything about being no.1 WW this year in their last NPD PR? I think it's still possible but it has become more unlikely now. Perhaps shipped numbers.

Anyway, if USA numbers were this off who knows how EMEAA numbers will be, the holiday period is crazy. So we won't know for sure until the big 3 release their quarterly numbers I think.

the voice of reason. have you considered changing your name? anyway, what are you expecting for Europe?

I am not expecting anything in particular tbh. It's just that if they can be tens of thousands of units off in their best tracked region, the rest could potentially be very off. Usually the PS3 is the most undertracked one in EMEAA, though that doesn't necessarily mean it'll also be the case this time.

And thanks guys for the replys to my question.

yea expect adjustments(even made some myself lol) (PS3 mainly) aswell. if MS is going to win this yr., then there last shot is Christmas wk., cause right nw it doesn't seem doable.  you've made sense since your first post, so why wouldn't anyone reply to you lol?

keep trainning them, cause there's more work to be done lol.

After this week the PS3 lead will be under 800K. Each week in Americas the difference between the PS3 and the 360 grows and far more than what happens elsewhere. Week of Dec 3rd the 360 gained 91K, week of Dec 10th it looks like it will gain 165K.  Last year during those same weeks the 360 gained 45K and 75K respectively.  The following two weeks last year the 360 gained 163K and 182K.  At the same rate of growth this year the 360 would gain enough to be just about tied at the end of Christmas week.  It will come down to New Years week and the special deals available for the 360 and the PS3 that week.  I fully expect MS to try and go out the year with a huge bang.

The pace of sales acceleration in the Americas is far greater. Between week after Black Friday week and Christmas week last year sales in Americas basically doubled. The rest of the world about 25% growth. This favors the 360 greatly.

I think you didn't understand well. PS3 is 1m ahead (rounded, don't know the exact number) before Europe and Japan are taken into consideration. This weeks USA and UK numbers have already been added, therefore closing the gap. So when all numbers are in the gap should be 1.1-1.2m, not 800k.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
thx1139 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Uncharted 3 adjusted up about 200,000 in the running total, but the global total remains identical when it should be around 2.4m-ish?

PS3 adjusted up and once Europe and Japan are up the YTD gap should be back to 1.1-1.2m, with two weeks left before xmas, hmmm... Did MS mention anything about being no.1 WW this year in their last NPD PR? I think it's still possible but it has become more unlikely now. Perhaps shipped numbers.

Anyway, if USA numbers were this off who knows how EMEAA numbers will be, the holiday period is crazy. So we won't know for sure until the big 3 release their quarterly numbers I think.

the voice of reason. have you considered changing your name? anyway, what are you expecting for Europe?

I am not expecting anything in particular tbh. It's just that if they can be tens of thousands of units off in their best tracked region, the rest could potentially be very off. Usually the PS3 is the most undertracked one in EMEAA, though that doesn't necessarily mean it'll also be the case this time.

yea expect adjustments(even made some myself lol) (PS3 mainly) aswell. if MS is going to win this yr., then there last shot is Christmas wk., cause right nw it doesn't seem doable.  you've made sense since your first post, so why wouldn't anyone reply to you lol?

After this week the PS3 lead will be under 800K. Each week in Americas the difference between the PS3 and the 360 grows and far more than what happens elsewhere. Week of Dec 3rd the 360 gained 91K, week of Dec 10th it looks like it will gain 165K.  Last year during those same weeks the 360 gained 45K and 75K respectively.  The following two weeks last year the 360 gained 163K and 182K.  At the same rate of growth this year the 360 would gain enough to be just about tied at the end of Christmas week.  It will come down to New Years week and the special deals available for the 360 and the PS3 that week.  I fully expect MS to try and go out the year with a huge bang.

The pace of sales acceleration in the Americas is far greater. Between week after Black Friday week and Christmas week last year sales in Americas basically doubled. The rest of the world about 25% growth. This favors the 360 greatly.

I think you didn't understand well. PS3 is 1m ahead (rounded, don't know the exact number) before Europe and Japan are taken into consideration. This weeks USA and UK numbers have already been added, therefore closing the gap. So when all numbers are in the gap should be 1.1-1.2m, not 800k.

The gap now is 1 million (11.3 to 10.3) without this week numbers... so he expected 360 to outsell PS3 by 200k this week (I guess 120k).

thx1139 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

thanks for the partial history lesson, but i know all of this already with exception of your speculation. i can't say much about the gap in the next 2 wk's, or who will win, but i do know it will be fun to watch, and after adjustments, the gains MS made won't look as big as it does now, but that's just me speculating and i don't deal i speculation.

i'll say what i always say, and that's never, underestimate the big 3, less you have the wool pulled over your head.

My numbers come from this chart which Seece has been updating every week.  The chart doesnt have this weeks adjustments or this weeks numbers yet. So I added 134K to PS3 which bumped lead to 940K. Then I subtracted 160K based on my expectation that when the dust settles that is how much the 360 will lead this week (Week ending Dec 10th).  No and I am not thinking that the PS3 will get some adjustments in 2012. No one knows. I expect that VGC adjusts continoulsly how they get the numbers and therefore just as likely that the 360 gains the upper hand with adjustments.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

ethomaz said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
thx1139 said:

The gap now is 1 million (11.3 to 10.3) without this week numbers... so he expected 360 to outsell PS3 by 200k this week (I guess 120k).

god i hope he doesn't expect that! so were those adjustments made from the rounded numbers (9000/1,700,000), or less rounded figures?

thx1139 said:

My numbers come from this chart which Seece has been updating every week.  The chart doesnt have this weeks adjustments or this weeks numbers yet. So I added 134K to PS3 which bumped lead to 940K. Then I subtracted 160K based on my expectation that when the dust settles that is how much the 360 will lead this week (Week ending Dec 10th).  No and I am not thinking that the PS3 will get some adjustments in 2012. No one knows. I expect that VGC adjusts continoulsly how they get the numbers and therefore just as likely that the 360 gains the upper hand with adjustments.

i'm sure those numbers don't account for the most resent adjusments. accorded tothe adjusment made on the front page , the gap is 91k not 99k.

also NPD 360 is now 1.6 while PS3 is around 8,805 for Nov.