Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Metacritic: 92 - Sold: 2.09M
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Metacritic: 91 - Sold: 2.03M

Nintendo First-Party Top 5
Super Mario Galaxy - Metacritic: 97 - Sold: 9.86M
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Metacritic: 97 - Sold: 6.58M
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Metacritic: 95 - Sold: 6.20M
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Metacritic: 93 - Sold: 10.72M
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Metacritic: 93 - Sold: 1.5M

It appears that Nintendo is the more successful first party publisher, both in critical acclaim and sales at the top level. But hey, guys, why do we need to argue ala "My console's better than your console nah nah nah nah nah *rasp*"?

I know we are going to compare things, but firstly you are, secondly you forgot Gran Turismo 5 (the top PS3 1st party exclusive)

He's going by Metascore not sales. Then again, going by sales wouldn't favor Sony at all.

Signature goes here!

I agree completely.

Nintendo may have the most popular series such as Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Metroid...but Sony actually makes new IP's each generation as well as getting 3rd party exclusives.

TruckOSaurus said:
Munkeh111 said:
Lord Ciansworth said:
Sony First-Party Top 5
Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves - Metacritic: 96 - Sold: 5.23M
LittleBigPlanted - Metacritic: 95 - Sold: 4.70M
God of War III - Metacritic: 92 - Sold: 4.25M
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Metacritic: 92 - Sold: 2.09M
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Metacritic: 91 - Sold: 2.03M

Nintendo First-Party Top 5
Super Mario Galaxy - Metacritic: 97 - Sold: 9.86M
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Metacritic: 97 - Sold: 6.58M
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Metacritic: 95 - Sold: 6.20M
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Metacritic: 93 - Sold: 10.72M
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Metacritic: 93 - Sold: 1.5M

It appears that Nintendo is the more successful first party publisher, both in critical acclaim and sales at the top level. But hey, guys, why do we need to argue ala "My console's better than your console nah nah nah nah nah *rasp*"?

I know we are going to compare things, but firstly you are, secondly you forgot Gran Turismo 5 (the top PS3 1st party exclusive)

He's going by Metascore not sales. Then again, going by sales wouldn't favor Sony at all.

But the thing is, what the thread is trying to say is that Sony produces more exclusives, and I would take 2x as many 80+ then just 90+ personally. If that quality drops to the 70s, then you might want fewer crap games, but that might just be me since I play loads of games

They are the king of exclusives. No other company releases as many exclusives that have not only of very high quality but also provide a lot of enjoyment. Games like uncharted, god of war etc are a testament to the talent and quality of their first party studios and Sony computer entertainment. They also provide games across every genre and cater to every type of gamer. well done Sony.

Around the Network

Obviously nintendo is a great company with many quality games but unlike Sony, they don't cater towards every gamer and release new IP's on such a consistent basis.

Geez.. in the old good days of vgchartz somebody already made a "Microsoft Emperor of exclusives" followed by a "Nintendo God of Exclusives"... we would laugh.. have a few drinks.. have manly sex with eachother and let our women make us sandwiches..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

wow total fanboyism at its max.  imo if the studio dont have sce in front of it sony didnt have jack to do with the games.  its not sony that made unchartered its naughty dog that made unchartered.  just like microsoft didnt make gears.  learn to give credit where its due instead of basking in the glow with pants whizzing fanboyism.  do you need a cigarette?

naughty dog is the only reason i have a ps3. 

The only worthy PS3 exclusives are Uncharted 2&3 series for me atleast.

thehusbo said:
Obviously nintendo is a great company with many quality games but unlike Sony, they don't cater towards every gamer and release new IP's on such a consistent basis.

If Nintendo wilfully abandoned many of their legacy franchises, they could make new IP's every generation too

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.