By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What are your favorite drugs and why?

What's your favorite drug?

Alcohol 8 16.00%

Cannabis (Marijuana/Hashish) 13 26.00%

MDMA (XTC) 5 10.00%

Mushrooms 3 6.00%

LSD (Acid) 1 2.00%

Cocaine 0 0%

Heroin 2 4.00%

Designer Drugs (2c-famili... 0 0%

Other (please specify) 5 10.00%

See results 13 26.00%

Total:50

I'm going with marijuana considering it is the safest drug on this planet. To be made illegal is one of the great sins against humanity. Only misinformed easily propagandized people consider this to be a bad drug. Everyone else that isn't mind controlled can see that this drug is the least of our worries. Do me a favor USA and expand your drug knowledge beyond bullshit government talking points.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Alcohol.

Drugs are okay from time to time, but the effects are generally just 'weird' for me, and I often find myself wanting to come down while I'm still high. The last few times I've taken weed it's had some really strange effects on me; extreme paranoia, hearing voices, barely able to speak or think straight, etc.

So I'm probably done experimenting with drugs tbh.

Better to drive high on marijuana than drunk on alcohol.  Marijuana > alcohol

None for me thanks :p

sethnintendo said:

I'm going with marijuana considering it is the safest drug on this planet. To be made illegal is one of the great sins against humanity. Only misinformed easily propagandized people consider this to be a bad drug. Everyone else that isn't mind controlled can see that this drug is the least of our worries. Do me a favor USA and expand your drug knowledge beyond bullshit government talking points.

I like marijuana as well, but it's far from the safest drug on the planet. N2O, Mushrooms, LSD, and even MDMA have all much less healthrisks than marijuana.

pezus said:
sethnintendo said:
Dallinor said:
Alcohol.

Drugs are okay from time to time, but the effects are generally just 'weird' for me, and I often find myself wanting to come down while I'm still high. The last few times I've taken weed it's had some really strange effects on me; extreme paranoia, hearing voices, barely able to speak or think straight, etc.

So I'm probably done experimenting with drugs tbh.

Better to drive high on marijuana than drunk on alcohol.  Marijuana > alcohol

There is a lot of research about bad effects from marijuana. It's true that you can drive better high than drunk, but that doesn't automatically make alchohol worse than marijuana. 

OT: No drugs, only alcohol from time to time. Not a big fan, but I do it to loosen myself a bit up.

Alcohol can also allow the extra pounds to be packed on easily.  I gained about 70 lbs this year in less than 6 months when I was unemployed, overeating, and drinking way too much.  After getting a job, eating more fruits/veggies, and cutting alcohol consumption greatly, I have already shed 40 lbs off in the past 3 months.  I blame my borderline alchy phase for allowing me to gain that much weight so quickly.  If I just overate and was lazy I'd probably only gained 20-30 lbs within 6 months.  Drinking beer excessively causes beer belly.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
sethnintendo said:

I like marijuana as well, but it's far from the safest drug on the planet. N2O, Mushrooms, LSD, and even MDMA have all much less healthrisks than marijuana.

I'm sorry but when you listed N20, LSD, MDMA, and mushrooms as safer....  What the fuck are you thinking?  It is clear these drugs have a far greater health impact than marijuana.  Mushrooms- you can get bad mushrooms (if grown improperly) that can make you very sick, LSD - can have a bad acid trip (never experienced one) and the chemicals in the drug aren't the best for your body, MDMA - can overload your "fun" sensor in your brain and make you a bore and also eat away your brain if heavily abused.  Sure you can have allergic reactions to weed but no one has ever died from it.  LSD, MDMA are man made chemicals.  Marijuana/THC is natural.  Hmmm, I wonder which one is more safe.....

Cocaine is great but too expensive. Weed is all I consume now, and rarely.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

sethnintendo said:
Chrizum said:
sethnintendo said:

I'm sorry but when you listed N20, LSD, MDMA, and mushrooms as safer....  What the fuck are you thinking?  It is clear these drugs have a far greater health impact than marijuana.  Mushrooms- you can get bad mushroom (if grown improperly) that can make you very sick, LSD - can have a bad acid trip (never experienced one), MDMA - can overload your "fun" sensor in your brain and make you a bore and also eat away your brain if heavily abused. 

N20 has been used for ages at the dentist for local sedation and has no negative effects whatsoever. The biggest risk when consuming it recreationally is hurting your head from losing your balance and falling down.

You're right about the mushrooms, but that goes for every drug. When you eat the proper mushroom, there are no health risks, same for LSD. Sure, you can get a bad trip, but that's all in your head. When you know what you're doing, even a bad trip isn't really that bad, and nothing can go wrong. There are no long term health risks involved with mushrooms and LSD.

MDMA does have risks like the one you pointed out: too much use can fuck up your serotonine levels. It can't however, eat away your brain, if you're referring to that one Opera episode, that was completely misguided information for anti-drugs agenda. But yes, it can have negative irreversible health effects, but only when you abuse it, and the same goes for marijuana. The big difference here is that marijuana (and tobacco) are directly toxic for your lungs and are physically addictive, whereas MDMA is only mentally addictive (like any drug).

I'd say, when rating on health risks alone, marijuana and MDMA are in the same ball park when used wisely. Speed, alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crack, crystal meth; those are the ones you should watch out for when you don't want to risk your health.

I've only smoked weed and haven't in about 4 months now =[ doesn't mean I quit I just cant locate a dealer =[

Chrizum said:

N20 has been used for ages at the dentist for local sedation and has no negative effects whatsoever. The biggest risk when consuming it recreationally is hurting your head from losing your balance and falling down.

I'd say, when rating on health risks alone, marijuana and MDMA are in the same ball park when used wisely. Speed, alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crack, crystal meth; those are the ones you should watch out for when you don't want to risk your health.

Yea, the key thing with drugs is moderation.  If you abuse any drug (even marijuana) then there will be negative side effects.  Like being a little lazy all day if you wake up and smoke nonstop.  However, if you work your ass off and smoke a bowl after work (to relax) then you are using drugs in a better way.  If people had more will power then they could easily use their drug of choice more effectively (less drug for the same high/use them less).  The problem I see with drug abuse is that people have allowed their mind to be too weak.  I'll use cigarettes as an example.  Most people that smoke cigs will tell you they really want a cigarette because they are stressed out at the moment (blaming work, life, etc).  Instead of realizing that it is the lack of nicotine in the body (nicotine telling your body to obtain more) that is actually causing the most stress.  Luckily, I've been able to put down cigs myself considering I know marijuana is a lot safer, healthier, and has a way better feeling than a cig buzz.