By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If you have seen Breaking Dawn but not Hugo, please punch yourself in the genitals, admit that you are a failure as a human being, then go buy a ticket to see Martin Scorcese's kiddie flick.

And go see it in 3D. It's the first movie outside of Avatar where I haven't felt scammed by the cheap gimmick that is 3D.

Holy shit that movie is pretty. And touching. And a beautiful homage to cinema.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Hugo isn't playing in my city :(

It's not out where I live! And I haven't been watching Twilight!

Can I just like... gently slap my genitals, or do I have to punch them?

spurgeonryan said:
TadpoleJackson said:
Hugo isn't playing in my city :(

Does your city have a movie theater? if not kick yourself in the genitals for living in a city with no theater. then go to the next city over and watch hugo.

yes, it has a theater. It just only shows two movies at a time. I'd have to drive over an hour to watch this movie in a theater 

I failed to experience any increased value provided by 3D with this movie. That said, the movie itself was excellent.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
I failed to experience any increased value provided by 3D with this movie. That said, the movie itself was excellent.

Some of the touches were wonderful. The intro to the Paris rail station was great, as was the "trampling" scene experienced by the girl, and the friggin' particulates in the air were in 3D.

Like I mentioned, 3D is mostly a gimmick. Not seeing Hugo in 3D does not make it a bad film. On the other hand, it's even prettier in 3D than it would be in 2D. There are a dozen short backdrop scenes of Paris in 3D that make the experience worth the extra $4 by themselves, not to mention entire scenes such as the one where Melies is shooting his films in the greenhouse-esque building.

I liked Breaking Dawn.... well I liked all scenes with Kristen Stewart.. the rest? who gives a sh*t about them :)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
I liked Breaking Dawn.... well I liked all scenes with Kristen Stewart.. the rest? who gives a sh*t about them :)

Then go watch a decent movie with her in it... like, say, Adventureland.

Seriously, Twilight is the fucking worst. It's a badly written teen drama with no discernable character progression, growth, or really anything resembling a redeeming quality.

It's an anti-Harry Potter made for retards and emotional juveniles, to be blunt.

rocketpig said:
Naum said:

Then go watch a decent movie with her in it... like, say, Adventureland.

Seriously, Twilight is the fucking worst. It's a badly written teen drama with no discernable character progression, growth, or really anything resembling a redeeming quality.

It's an anti-Harry Potter made for retards and emotional juveniles, to be blunt.

Hehe I actually own Adventureland on Blu-Ray and some other films with her in it

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

axumblade said:

I'm dying to see Hugo and I'd kill myself before seeing Breaking Dawn. What's sad is I can see any movie I want to for free but I keep procrastinating until they are out of theaters....I also need to see the new Muppets movie. >_<

For free? :-O.

What's that all about?