By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get a Gaming PC or a PSVITA?

What should I buy?

PC 37 35.92%

PSV 47 45.63%

A lot of pot 18 17.48%

Total:102

What hardware do you have in your laptop?

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
What hardware do you have in your laptop?

•  Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 2GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • HD Capacity: 250GB
  • Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD4530

It plays tropico 4 at medium settings at 15-30 fps, CIV5 runs for about half an hour on low settings, then crashes, I think that's also just a problem with the game itself since everyone seems to have that problem with it, but it's probably patched by now. I'll be using this laptop for most other things, the PC will be for gaming and other software that needs better hardware.

In that case, I'd say you should wait for the Vita to release. I can understand why you want to upgrade, but it doesn't seem like a really huge difference (maybe that's just me), so I'd definitely wait until reviews and what not start coming in for the Vita and its games.

Rainbird said:
In that case, I'd say you should wait for the Vita to release. I can understand why you want to upgrade, but it doesn't seem like a really huge difference (maybe that's just me), so I'd definitely wait until reviews and what not start coming in for the Vita and its games.

It would be a pretty significant upgrade, but I think I will probably get the Vita anyway. I might wait until E3 to see what else gets announced for it or gets a release date. Thanks.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Rainbird said:

It would be a pretty significant upgrade, but I think I will probably get the Vita anyway. I might wait until E3 to see what else gets announced for it or gets a release date. Thanks.

It's a pretty huge upgrade. You're going from a Pentium Dual Core to an i3.

Though do yourself a favour and go with an AMD Athlon if you do decide on the gaming PC. AMD CPUs tend to be better value, even if the best are still Intel.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Rainbird said:

It's a pretty huge upgrade. You're going from a Pentium Dual Core to an i3.

Though do yourself a favour and go with an AMD Athlon if you do decide on the gaming PC. AMD CPUs tend to be better value, even if the best are still Intel.

Thanks

Kantor said:

Though do yourself a favour and go with an AMD Athlon if you do decide on the gaming PC. AMD CPUs tend to be better value

Please don't play mean tricks on people.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5005/holiday-budget-system-buyers-guide

Go with the third option and just play whatever you have right now.....

Considering how much Sony is asking for the necessarily Vita's memory and the cost of each game, do yourself a favour (and save some money) by going with a PC. After you assemble it, you can get some excellent games for a low cost at Steam or yours favourite online dealer.