By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where would the World be without America?

Zlejedi said:

If simplicity was everything in sports we all would be watching handegg now ;)

what? O.o 

Around the Network

I think there would just be another country that would be the "dominat force" and things would be pretty much the same, maybe wed have less wars but otherwise I think things would be the same.

Also thered be way less ppl saying theyre the world champion of Baseball or Handegg when the only country on the planet that play those things is the USA.

TadpoleJackson said:
Zlejedi said:

If simplicity was everything in sports we all would be watching handegg now ;)

what? O.o 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:

*pic*

no no no. I know that. but what did your comment have to do with my post? :-p 

wick said:
The PS3 wouldn't be last.

Hahaha! Nice one, didn't even think of that.

On topic, I like America in some ways, hate it in others. I like the style of the country, everything is big, service is impeccable, people can be very nice, they always strive to be the best and the country itself is so powerful and influential. As for reasons why I dislike America, ignorance, patriotism, stupidity, poor morals, greed, people aren't down to earth, broken justice system, only country to use atomic bombs in conflict.

There are others that I would list and explain but I'm too tired right now.

Around the Network
menx64 said:
You mean America or USA?

I'll list this one as another con for America USA, damn, even I'm doing it now.

DakonBlackblade said:

I think there would just be another country that would be the "dominat force" and things would be pretty much the same, maybe wed have less wars but otherwise I think things would be the same.

Also thered be way less ppl saying theyre the world champion of Baseball or Handegg when the only country on the planet that play those things is the USA.

But we're not the only ones on earth who play Baseball or "Handegg"...

The automatic assumption that a world without America means less war is very simplistic and not based on any facts or past history.

Without America, the power would have shifted to the East long ago.

These are the bad things that would happen. Video games would never be the same. Nintendo owes its initial success almost completely to the American market. Without Nintendo doing so well, sony would have never been betrayed by nintendo and make their own console. So basically without America the current three video game giants would not exist. With the exception of nintendo, which may still be a very niche video game company in Japan.  Cars today would probably be 30 years behind compared to the current ones. Humanity wouldn't have the ability to blow up the planet thirty times over. That sure sounds boring. British TV rather then American would probably be the most popular in the world. Soccer would be the only sport anyone could enjoy watching. I do love playing soccer, due to being born in Europe and all, but watching it is such a chore due to how absurdly common it has become for players to fake injuries and roll around for 60 seconds in hopes of getting a free kick. And worst of all fast food might not even exist...

As for the boring history and such. There is no telling what wars and inventions would have not happened or happened later without the United States, but assuming European conflicts happened in a similar order... WWI would have taken a bit longer. WW2 would have been vastly different. Assuming the united states never existed and ended up being a colony similar to canada in population size, Japan would have invaded Russia alongside Germany and probably conqured it. Germany would have conquered all of mainland Europe and the UK would have sued for peace. Japanese empire would end up including North America, Asia, and Austalia. Germany would have Europe and Africa. Eventually a cold war between the two empires would happen, and both end up collapsing because too many of their subjects want their independence. 

Japan invading Russia, they would have to cross thousands of miles of before they got at the heart of Russia.

However not attack at Pearl Harbour would allowed Japan to dominate all of East Asia towards India and down to Australia and that would have made Japan a very powerful country in the end.

They whole point is, if Japan and especially Germany were able to fight for a longer peroid of time and attack areas away from thier factories and such, they would have become stronger and Germany would have developed nukes.

America for certain would have gotten in WW2 after Britan had fell. However, they would have a had hell of a time facing Germany a lone and then if the Japanese got involved who are more powerful by dominating eastern Asia...

It would have been totally different.