By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Only 1 PSN Account per Vita

Well ... while I'm sure peoplez like to have more than one account on their gadgets, I kinda thought the idea of portable devices were personalizing, no?

My PSP never had more than one account. No one ever asks me for my ipod because I have my own individual playlist. Heck everyone I know has their own personalized ipods and tracks.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

My "real" account is the Argentina one because that's where I live, that's the one that has all my trophies and the one I play my games on.

There's no PlayStation Store in Argentina, so I also have a "fake" US account to download demos, videos, DLC, downloadable games, etc. I can play them in my real account too.

If I buy a PlayStation Vita, I'll have to make a choice:

1- Keep playing with my Argentinian account to keep all my trophies, but lose access to demos, downloadable games, DLC (What's the point of the Vita being region free, if you won't be able to buy DLC for all regions? lol well, at least you can play the games...), etc.

2- Start playing with my fake US account, but stop earning trophies in my real account.

I don't know what to pick... specially if God Hand can also be played on the Vita... I won't be able to download it or play it if I use my real account...

I hope they open a PS Store in my country so this stops being a problem for me :P... or allow multiple accounts like on PS3...

I wonder what formatting the Vita to factory settings does to the stuff you have stored in your Vita and the propietary memory card... imagine that even if you remove the card when formatting, it still won't read any of the content in it unless you register the same account you had in your Vita before the formatting.

I hope the PS4 doesn't do things like this :P

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Well ALL Vita retail games will also be released on PSN.
Having people share those games across multiple devices will be bad for business.

Jdevil3 said:
My "real" account is the Argentina one because that's where I live, that's the one that has all my trophies and the one I play my games on.

There's no PlayStation Store in Argentina, so I also have a "fake" US account to download demos, videos, DLC, downloadable games, etc. I can play them in my real account too.

1- Keep playing with my Argentinian account to keep all my trophies, but lose access to demos, downloadable games, DLC (What's the point of the Vita being region free, if you won't be able to buy DLC for all regions? lol well, at least you can play the games...), etc.

2- Start playing with my fake US account, but stop earning trophies in my real account.

I don't know what to pick... specially if God Hand can also be played on the Vita... I won't be able to download it or play it if I use my real account...

I hope they open a PS Store in my country so this stops being a problem for me :P... or allow multiple accounts like on PS3...

I wonder what formatting the Vita to factory settings does to the stuff you have stored in your Vita and the propietary memory card... imagine that even if you remove the card when formatting, it still won't read any of the content in it unless you register the same account you had in your Vita before the formatting.

If you have a PS3 can't you download the Vita games and demos to that and then transfer them to your Vita? 

TakeMeToTheHospital said:
The Vita is turning out to be a joke. $120 memory cards now this. Sony are losing it. What a shit company. Their days of dominance are long gone.

Wow...over reaction for the win or what? People need to chill.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
pezus said:
mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:
This is a slap in the face to non-US users. It really is mind-boggling how they treat their biggest market. Sony YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOUR FANBASE IN EUROPE. Stop trying to make every service available in the US and then ignore the rest of the world. At least give us a PS Store, for god's sake.

Are you being sarcastic? You can start using US PSN itself if there's no store in your country. Just have one PSN.

Semi-sarcastic, somewhere in between. Most people don't know they can create a US account. Still, using a US account makes you look like you're from the US when you're not, with a US flag and whatnot in many online games. I'd rather have my own, thank you

So your problem isn't that there can only be one PSN on vita but your country doesn't have PSN....you should have patience, I heard some countries got their own stores recently so maybe with the launch of vita maybe you will have a store of your own...

Or maybe vita will launch when you get your own store

VGKing said:
Jdevil3 said:

If you have a PS3 can't you download the Vita games and demos to that and then transfer them to your Vita? 

Well if there is something indicating to what account (/region?) they belong, I would think the answer is you won't be able to run them on a Vita that has a different account (and hence region). But if there isn't, then yes.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

VGKing said:
Jdevil3 said:

Yes, but I suppose you can only play them if you have the account that downloaded those Vita games and demos active on your Vita too.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Sony just like bad news rolling, eh.

Not a dealbreaker but Sony needs to get ahold of reality and actually THINK for a minute that the bad news about Vita is making people lose interest and concerned with the machine. Seriously, what is f***ing wrong with Sony and its PR. We're almost at the time for launch and they're just doing a hella good job of making Vita look like a ticking time bomb.

NiKKoM said:
badgenome said:
Sony's really backending all the bad news about Vita.

I won't be surprised if they save something special for us!

Maybe they'll announce that they're aiming for hardware reliability on par with that of the Xbox 360.