By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Only 1 PSN Account per Vita

Maybe that's another reason for the proprietary memory - the only way to download to it would be either through the PSV it is on or from a PS3, and in both cases they could keep information as to what account the digital content came from (right?).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
radishhead said:
I don't see the issue to be honest - why would you want more than one account?

Well i have PS1 classsic from both PL and US stores.

Then again since they are PS1 classics I can switch PSP to US account so no big deal

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Have any of you actually formatted your PSP, Cellphone, etc...?

When you do so it resets your passwords (This would be your PSN account info), time/date info, wireless info, playlists, etc...

All of your downloaded stuff would remain on your game carts or memory cards, depending on which your stuff was saved to. Other than having the hassle of needing to open up a new account (Easy since you can just choose "Existing Account") this should effect nothing. Ever reformatted your PS3 and then tried to reopen your existing account? Really easy isn't it?

Just like how with a smartphone you keep your contacts and all your photos, videos, music, downloads, etc... With phones you also only need to re-enter your iTunes/Google information. With phones you also lose all downloaded apps, unless saved on a separate SD card.

Seriously, gamers just love to whine about the dumbest shit and makes mountains out of ant hills.

PSVita has no internal memory, so what the hell are you people stressing out about? Having to spend 5 minutes formatting, setting up your JPN/EU account, downloading what you want, saving it your Memory Card, reformatting, setting up your US account again and still having the JPN/EU content on your memory card and available for use? Unless of course you can't use JPN/EU stuff without the account present on the device itself, but I don't see how that would be the case. Anyways...

Such lazy and self entitled brats we have become...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

" Unless of course you can't use JPN/EU stuff without the account present on the device itself, but I don't see how that would be the case."

But I am under the impression that is exactly the case (?) - downloaded content is tied to the account it was downloaded through...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:

" Unless of course you can't use JPN/EU stuff without the account present on the device itself, but I don't see how that would be the case."

But I am under the impression that is exactly the case (?) - downloaded content is tied to the account it was downloaded through...

I was able to use stuff I downloaded on my PS3 Hong Kong account on my US account.

I also fail to see the issue when much of this DLC is going to be downloaded onto the cartridges and not the PSVita internal memory, which it does not have.

When something only runs on carts and memory cards I don't see how all this other stuff is going to get in the way.

Plus, how do we know they won't finally go ahead and merge the stores? They already began that with JPN PS1 titles on non-JPN Playstation stores.

I personally feel this is just one tiny, potentially non-issue being blown way out of proportion. This is something that is unfortunately common place with not just gamers themselves, but also the gaming media. Reasons like this are why people outside of the gaming community laugh at us. We complain too much, lol.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

I was able to use stuff I downloaded on my PS3 Hong Kong account on my US account.

That's because even though you're logged in your US account, the Hong Kong one was still activated on the PS3. In the Vita, it obliges you to deactivate your account from the system, meaning you won't be able to play any of the content of that account if you're using another one, unlike the PS3.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Anyone ever wonder if the stuff you download will be tied to the device and not the account? I am pretty sure that could be a possibility.

We should wait for more info before we get all up in arms over something that could make some of us look pretty silly, especially the one who posted right after the OP.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
Anyone ever wonder if the stuff you download will be tied to the device and not the account? I am pretty sure that could be a possibility.

We should wait for more info before we get all up in arms over something that could make some of us look pretty silly, especially the one who posted right after the OP.

I hope so :P, or maybe be tied to both would be a better idea than just tied to the Vita... you know, just in case your Vita breaks or gets stolen or something.

If you think what happened here is bad or blown out of proportion, you should see the neogaf thread with hundreds (probably thousands) of posts, lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454239

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Jdevil3 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I hope so :P, or maybe be tied to both would be a better idea than just tied to the Vita... you know, just in case your Vita breaks or gets stolen or something.

If you think what happened here is bad or blown out of proportion, you should see the neogaf thread with hundreds (probably thousands) of posts, lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454239

Haha, 3rd post in that thread is priceless. Guy really thinks if you don't have a JPN PSN account you can't play JPN cartridges.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:

Haha, 3rd post in that thread is priceless. Guy really thinks if you don't have a JPN PSN account you can't play JPN cartridges.

He was probably referring to digital content.

Given the second post and all.