By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Specifications rumored to be the same as the X360 now?Update posted in forum not OP. Rumor Busted!

Play4Fun said:

Size doesn't tell you shit, so yeah...

So we're pretending small devices are known for delivering the most the cutting edge graphics?

Safe bet the next Xbox and PS4 are going to be larger than Wii U.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Play4Fun said:

So we're pretending small devices are known for delivering the most the cutting edge graphics?

I'm not talking about PS4 / xbox 3.

I'm talking about Wii-U! The size of the (unfinalized) box tells you nothing about what they can put in it.

GC was smaller than PS2 and xbox and was more powerful than the former and close to the latter.

It's all about design.

Play4Fun said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Play4Fun said:

I'm talking about Wii-U! The size of the (unfinalized) box tells you nothing about what they can put in it.

GC was smaller than PS2 and xbox and was more powerful than the former and close to the latter.

It's all about design.

Obviously my point with cutting edge hardware tends to be bigger than hardware using dated specs. Another example would be the Wii compared to the HD twins.

Your PS2 and Gamecube comparison is bad. The Gamecube was taller, it had an external power supply, used smaller discs, and it had a pop up disc drive. The PS2 used a tray disc drive, had the power supply built in, and had a hard drive expansion.

If that's not the final Wii U, I doubt the final will look much different.

Now give up this argument already. I've already proved my point. Size does, "tell you shit, so yeah..."

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Play4Fun said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Play4Fun said:

It's all about design.

Obviously my point with cutting edge hardware tends to be bigger than hardware using dated specs. Another example would be the Wii compared to the HD twins.

Your PS2 and Gamecube comparison is bad. The Gamecube was taller, it had an external power supply, used smaller discs, and it had a pop up disc drive. The PS2 used a tray disc drive, had the power supply built in, and had a hard drive expansion.

If that's not the final Wii U, I doubt the final will look much different.

Now give up this argument already. I've already proved my point. Size does, "tell you shit, so yeah..."

GC was one of Nintendo's best built hardware ever. Very well ventilated and and had powerful hardware for it's time fitted into a small box. Why don't you compare it to Xbox instead of PS2 since they released in the same year. It's why so many gamers refer to the engineering of the gamecube as 'Nintendo magic.'

If you are looking at Wii-U's box and thinking 'Nintendo can't put hardware that is more than slightly more powerul than PS360 in that,' then the box size isn't telling you shit.

Technology has improved since 2005.  More can be fitted onto less and Nintendo will have the box well ventilated. Nintendo can put hardware into it that will be a moderate jump over PS360

Nintendo isn't going cutting edge , by the way(They aren't in the arms race). If Sony and MS are launching 2013, they aren't going to be using cutting edge 2013 GPUs either.

People are surprised? They made the Wii underpowered for its time to cut down of manufacturing and developing costs.

They are now doing it again with WiiU....making the tech one gen behind everyone else. This will lead to low prices and ease/low cost for 3rd parties.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:

If you are looking at Wii-U's box and thinking 'Nintendo can't put hardware that is more than slightly more powerul than PS360 in that,' then the box size isn't telling you shit.

Oh boy... you appear to think PS360 is still considered cutting edge.

I absolutely believe they can fit PS360 specs in a Wii U box. Because its 6 year old technology now.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Play4Fun said:

Their consoles are always larger lol

edit: nevermind

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Mr Puggsly said:
Play4Fun said:

I absolutely believe they can fit PS360 specs in a Wii U box. Because its 6 year old technology now.

YOU: " Eitherway, I'm not expecting Nintendo to raise the bar much higher than the HD twins simply to keep price down."

That other guy: "Are you saying much higher than they are right now, or higher than the 720 and PS4 are supposed to be?"

YOU: "The seventh gen HD twins ofcourse. The Wii U is a tiny console."

Good job ignoring the rest of my post though. You know, the one where I said Nintendo can put hardware in the box that is more than just a little higher than the HD twins.

If you had read it it would have been obvious to you that's what I was saying and not that Nintendo can put a 'cutting edge' GTX 590 in the box.

My last paragraph even adressed the cutting edge remark, but ignore it if you must.

Edit: Also, since you looked at the size of the Wii-U box and thought Nintendo couldn't put anything in it that raised the bar much higher than the HD twins in 2011, wouldn't it be YOU who thinks PS360 are still cutting edge? Ironic.

It should be noted that the Wii U is larger than the Wii and that the size of the console is far from final. The PS3 display unit at its reveal was smaller than the final console for example.

Play4Fun said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Play4Fun said:

YOU: " Eitherway, I'm not expecting Nintendo to raise the bar much higher than the HD twins simply to keep price down."

That other guy: "Are you saying much higher than they are right now, or higher than the 720 and PS4 are supposed to be?"

YOU: "The seventh gen HD twins ofcourse. The Wii U is a tiny console."

Good job ignoring the rest of my post though. You know, the one where I said Nintendo can put hardware in the box that is more than just a little higher than the HD twins.

If you had read it it would have been obvious to you that's what I was saying and not that Nintendo can put a 'cutting edge' GTX 590 in the box.

My last paragraph even adressed the cutting edge remark, but ignore it if you must.

Edit: Also, since you looked at the size of the Wii-U box and thought Nintendo couldn't put anything in it that raised the bar much higher than the HD twins in 2011, wouldn't it be YOU who thinks PS360 are still cutting edge? Ironic.

Why are you still arguing with me? You're trying to twist words but you understand what I am saying.

Once again, I don't expect the Wii U raise the bar much compared to PS360. Part of the reason I feel this way is because how small the Wii U is.

If I'm wrong, who gives a crap anyway? I would be pleasantly surprised if they managed to raise the bar significantly from the seventh gen with that little Wii U box.

Recently Completed