By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Specifications rumored to be the same as the X360 now?Update posted in forum not OP. Rumor Busted!

i would love a translation of this from a tech savvy person :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

is that a new handheld & the Wii he's holding???

It could be a mistranslation.

That would be rather shocking, if true, but then again i remember being shocked by Wii specs

I assumed 1 GB RAM at the bargain-basement minimum. Hell, my 2008 PC has 2...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

how can it be the same as 360 yet run all of its games in 1080p natively? so we now ignore the 50% more powerful than 360 and PS3 rumors cuz this sounds better to the haters right?

yeah thats sound about right :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

How reliable is this source. The last reports had the Wii U's with a minimum of 1.5 GB of RAM. Also a Quad Core Power 7 based CPU is far beyond a Tri Core Power 5 based CPU.

@EyAmTJ

No, Iwata is holding the Wii U and it's tablet controller.

Well they don't need to do any better. It will sell anyway as Wii fans have showed they don't care about graphics so this upgrade should be more than enough for them.(well if this rumor is true)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

well it should be easy to port to.

Jeez look at the size of the new controller... it's bigger than the Wii U system itself!

We won't know the true specs of the system until around E3 next year, so anything between now and then is just pointless speculations.

Also, it's a given that the Wii U will be more powerful than the 360, at least on paper... but it remains to be seen if 3rd party developers actually try pushing the system or just use it for lazy PS360 ports while they begin to shift their focus towards 720/PS4 over the next few years.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I dont see whats wrong with these specs? It should make for a significantly more powerful console than the current HD consoles.

"Quad Core, 3 GHz PowerPC-based 45nm CPU, very similar to the Xbox 360 chip"

Hmmm it just says PowerPC it doesnt say what number but given the manufacturing process being 45nm i think its safe to assume that this is a 4 core Power 7 cpu. So even though its only got one extra core than the 360, its architecture is significantly greater than that of Power 5 (I think Xenon is power 5 based not sure might be 6 ). To put this into context, the Power 7 server cpu's are meant to compete with Intels nehalem (i7) architecture. Perhaps what they meant by being similar is that it is also apart of the PowerPC family.

"768 MB of DRAM “embedded” with the CPU, and shared between CPU and GPU"

I must admit this sounds a bit low...but just keep in mind this isnt the standard RAM you find in your home pc.

"Unknown, 40nm ATI-based GPU"

One could argue that the GPU is perhaps more important than the CPU and based off rumours, this gpu will again be significantly better than the one in the 360.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|