By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Specifications rumored to be the same as the X360 now?Update posted in forum not OP. Rumor Busted!

oni-link said:
yeah...I believe it...the same way they said that the 3DS is technically equivalent to the PSP!!! (sarcasm to those who can't tell) I'll wait until the system gets released before believing these said rumours!!!

Technically the 3DS isn't more more powerful than a PSP. With 3D turned on the resolution is cut in half. So the 3DS and PSP are very similar in terms of power.

Around the Network
Roma said:
seems that these specs are good according to this poster on mynintendonews.com

"People need to shut up until they know the difference between edram and dram. It’s not even close to same as the xbox (the cpu is similar but that’s about it)

edram is extremely fast and 768 is about 73x as good as the 360 (360 had about 10.5 MB of edram. PS3 had absolutely none and was severely criticized for it.)

If this rumor is true, then this console will be absolutely amazing."

i can't say anything as i don't know much about these technical things

No, you don't know about this stuff. Your statements are laughable. 

VGKing said:
Roma said:

"People need to shut up until they know the difference between edram and dram. It’s not even close to same as the xbox (the cpu is similar but that’s about it)

edram is extremely fast and 768 is about 73x as good as the 360 (360 had about 10.5 MB of edram. PS3 had absolutely none and was severely criticized for it.)

learn to read!

I just quoted someone lol or maybe you don’t know what these are “” and if those didn’t help my first sentence tells you I quoted someone therefore its not my statement but someone else’s!

Was I clear enough or do you want me to explain in more ways?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
VGKing said:
Roma said:

learn to read!

I just quoted someone lol or maybe you don’t know what these are “” and if those didn’t help my first sentence tells you I quoted someone therefore its not my statement but someone else’s!

Was I clear enough or do you want me to explain in more ways?

Sorry didn't see the quotation marks. :/

Unlikely the Wii U is 1080p native by Nintendo's own confirmation.

Around the Network

768 RAM? Sounds about right for the GPU ram but what about the system ram?

VGKing said:
Pretty sure the Xbox 360 CPU is not quad core or 3GhZ.
360 also has less ram than 768mb.

360's CPU is Triple core at 3.2 GHz and has 512mb gddr3 shared between both processors.

Assuming this rumor is true, don't let the fact that both processors are triple core at the same speed fool you into thinking they are about the same; the WIIU is based of Power7 architecture while 360 is PowerPC.

The original rumor had the CPU with 512mb XDR2 and 1gb gddr5 for the GPU which far exceeds 768mb of likely ddr3 shared between both processors. 1.5gb total RAM would be much more futureproof than 768mb. Not to mention 768 total is obviously not much more than 512mb (in current consoles) even if it runs at twice the speed.

Though the GPU is more in lock at R770 (custom 4770) this alone puts it on top of current consoles about a decent margin imo. Yes it is more powerful. Nintendo has confirmed native 1080p so that says something. IMO the WiiU should have no problem with games at 1080p native at 30fps with 2-4x anti aliasing. Compare that with the average multiplat and some exclusives on current consoles releasing sub 720p 25-30fps at 2-4x anti aliasing.

In my opinion WiiU is poised to have impressive visuals, however it will obviously be left behind when the nextbox and ps4 drop. It doesn't mean WiiU will have lackluster graphics though.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Reposting

360's CPU is Triple core at 3.2 GHz and has 512mb gddr3 shared between both processors.

Assuming this rumor is true, don't let the fact that both processors are triple core at the same speed fool you into thinking they are about the same; the WIIU is based of Power7 architecture while 360 is PowerPC.

The original rumor had the CPU with 512mb XDR2 and 1gb gddr5 for the GPU which far exceeds 768mb of likely ddr3 shared between both processors. 1.5gb total RAM would be much more futureproof than 768mb. Not to mention 768 total is obviously not much more than 512mb (in current consoles) even if it runs at twice the speed.

Though the GPU is more in lock at R770 (custom 4770) this alone puts it on top of current consoles about a decent margin imo. Yes it is more powerful. Nintendo has confirmed native 1080p so that says something. IMO the WiiU should have no problem with games at 1080p native at 30fps with 2-4x anti aliasing. Compare that with the average multiplat and some exclusives on current consoles releasing sub 720p 25-30fps at 2-4x anti aliasing.

In my opinion WiiU is poised to have impressive visuals, however it will obviously be left behind when the nextbox and ps4 drop. It doesn't mean WiiU will have lackluster graphics though.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

That would be a shame.

When the PS3 came out, it was just as powerful as a PC.

Now PCs are more than 10 times that.

But if the NEXT GEN console is just as powerful as a X360, it means it'll be 10 times less powerful than modern PCs.

That would be a full load of bullcrap. There's no reason at all to limit the graphic performance of home consoles this much. If this is true, then fuck nintendo.

I hope its a lot more powerful then that especially since it probably won't launch until fall of 2012. Also it should use smaller chips then 40nm that is 2009 technology, it should at least use 28nm chips.